Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Visit From My Friend...Jo...

My Dear Friend, Jo...is coming  to stay a day or two...She's been visiting her son, in St.Louis...and is driving up here, this morning... stay with me...then...head back to Des Moines...Jo started out being a wonderful customer...then...a Dear Friend...Then...a Show Partner..in Nashville! She is an Interior Designer...Antique Collector, and Dealer...She is a real Fire Cracker....Her life has been a roller coaster, the last few years... oh my...The Love of her life, Wade, died, while getting in his truck... hauling cattle, to another farm... one moment he was talking to his friend...the next...he was gone...then...she lost, Pidge, Wade's beloved little hound...She and Jo had become  inseparable...they clung to each other, after Wade's loss... Jo is so resilient...always looking ahead... she's now building another home, and shop, on their property, south of Des Moines...I so, look foreword to seeing her...
However, I don't look forward to her, seeing my messes here...I cleaned around, yesterday... but...oh dear... well...it is...what it is.... Liz said she's coming to see me, not inspect the house... so true...Jo is a Farm Girl... I think she can handle the house.... I decided to leave the tree up.... Jo has inspired me, about decorating the tree.... She has been in many magazines, and had her home photographed repeatedly over the last decade... it is amazing.... Christmas Decorating, is all Jo's... Oh My Gosh...I have Never seen Anything Like, What That Girl Does.... Whew...'Over The Top', is a Huge Understatement! Jo is the one who got me started, piling tree toppers, all over the top of the tree... When I saw hers, many years ago...I burst out laughing.... oh my Gosh! I was dumbfounded...and LOVED IT!!!! So...I wanted her to see this one....I've stayed with Jo, over the years... I hope I can be half the hostess, she is...
We are going to go Antiquing...and just....hang out...It's going to be a good time....
Barb C.

4 comments:

FourSistersInACottage said...

Oh Barb,
Jo sounds like so much fun. Have a wonderful time with her and enjoy every minute.
Can't see to see your post of what kind of trouble you two might get into while she is here (hee hee hee)
Hugs, Amy
(who is a follower and am adding you to her Wonderful Blogs list)

Simply Iowa said...

Amy....
It's So Good to Hear From You! Thanks for Visiting! And...well...as You know... I said..This year is going to be a 'Wild Ride'... So....Let's put the Boots to It...and Hold On!!!!
Hope all is well...and You Have the Most Amazing New Year!!!!
My Love to You...
Barb C.

summersundays-jw said...

Have fun!!! Jan

Gatherings said...

Hey we went on a home tour once and the rooms were all dark no lights and drapes I figure it was so they did not have to dust. Turn down the lights and hang drapes