Friday, January 7, 2011

Iowa Burnt Offerings....

I am a very good cook...in a Bohemian, sort of way....I can make a food dollar Scream! I got that from my Czechoslovakian Mother...she...could make a  Penny Scream! What a Woman!
After John cut his thumb, last week...I have been trying to keep him from doing much.... He is an Amazing Cook...{almost...as good as me...} I had prepared an over the top, omelet, by his request, several days ago...{he buys eggs, from a dear friend...10 dozen, at a time...I like it!....we always have eggs on hand!} and... I slightly... burned it... So....Tonight....since his thumb was throbbing... I asked him, for a request... "An omelet"... he said..."and... if you burn it...like the last one... it's o.k."...
Hmmm...Well...I didn't 'burn' the omelet....tonight...I served it with heavenly.... buttered Potato Bread... cottage cheese... with a hint of Dill....and...Sweet and Hot, Pepper Relish....{the omelet had bacon...brie cheese... scallions...portebello mushrooms... fresh spinach...cheddar cheese...fresh ground pepper... and 4 organic eggs... mmmm...mmmm...} and.... I served it to him...with a Bow...and.. Curtsy...It put a Smile, on his face....{ no... I didn't do anything to the food... really... after 30 years... ah...it is....what it is......all good...}
Barb C.
{while I was beating the eggs...he stood there watching {supervising...}...and asked if I'd make them, like he does..and put a little sugar, in the eggs...my reply..."no"...and..."get out of my kitchen"....}

1 comment:

Betty G said...

That looks so yummy! I've gotta get some eggs! I am not good at making omelets. Mine get stuck to the pan, but I do make pretty good scrambled eggs. Maybe it's the pan. LOL!:) Luv~Betty