Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So Much Too Tell.... So Little Time...

We were handed this flier, as we were walking towards K-Pauls, for lunch, on Thursday, our last day, in New Orleans.... These Children are amazing... They truly sounded like Angels Singing.... I'm so glad we got to hear them... I thought of my friend, Patty, {fernhill}, and how much she would have enjoyed this beautiful Church, and the Children... I thought of all of my friends, at different times...during our trip....There was something great, for everyone... I can't thank Allyson enough, for asking me to go with... She had to put up with my snoring, fast driving, drinking, gimping, long winded conversations, with total strangers, and my, somewhat opinionated, self... She's a real trooper! { while she was trying her first 'Hurricane', she looked at me, and said, "I think this is a little weak..." She decided I must be rubbing off on her... For her to think a 'Hurricane', is a little weak... Oh My... This Beautiful Catholic Church is in the French Quarter.... as we were waiting for the Children's Choir, we could here the Jazz Musicians, just across the street.... New Orleans is an amazing City... When in New Orleans... This restaurant, is a MUST! We went for lunch, the prices are fair, and the food will blow your mind!!!! { Not to mention what the 'Cajun Martini' will do! Oh My !
I poured my Cajun Martini, in a 'to go' cup.... I think Allyson was surprised that I didn't just finish it, right there... So... I asked her, if she'd like to help me out, and take a swig... This was her priceless expression...I finished it... it took me about an hour... and a walk back to the Mansion, and another handful of ice... There was no way I was pitching it!
This.... My Friends.... Is a 'Cajun Martini'....Jim, from Rau's Antiques, recommended it, here at K- Pauls... It has a little heat, and a lot of alcohol... I got one down... but, no more.... It's a good thing we visited the Catholic Church, before we visited K- Pauls... I may have joined the choir....
Ahhhh... The Oyster Po-Boy.... Oysters crisp on the outside, and melt in your mouth, on the inside.... Sweet Potato Fries...seasoned, just right.... And... The Bread Pudding.... Well... that was simply... to die for... They soak the bread in bourbon, for a couple of days... and use a sweet, cinnamon, or raisin bread... Oh My, My, My, My!!!!
A 'New Orleans Cat'.... As we were walking to K-Pauls, and through the French Quarter, we spotted this cat, in a window, of a rug weaver's store... She seemed very happy.....
I asked Allyson to stand next to this Enormous Wardrobe, in the Laura Plantation... The furnishings in the Mansions we visited, was well worth the price of the tours.... It was great just visiting this wonderful part of our history!
This is the 'Laura Plantation'... It is Creole...Creole, and Americans, are totally different... A Mansion, painted white, was American, one painted brightly, was Creole....
Oak Alley... Pal, Ed, from 'leftoversantiques.blogspot.com', told us we Had to go see this Plantation...He was right! These beautiful Oaks, are over 300 years old.... they have the gnarliest roots, growing on the ground.... It was amazing! The Mansion was beautiful... The Mint Julep's, were also.... Amazing! Wooo Hooo!!!
As everyday passes, with it, all sorts of instances and stories.... Oh My! But, I have been running so hard... No time, to sit, even for a moment, and tell you all about them... I feel like I'm standing next to a Carousel, and the neatest moments, keep spinning by... I think to myself...as each interesting person, place or thing, goes spinning by...'Oh... I have to tell everyone about this!'... then.... just as I'm pulling my thoughts together, another, amazing thing happens... To what am I referring? { I will tell you... not all of them have been happy moments....} Here's some of the titles. in a nutshell....
1. Catholic Children's Choir... They can bring you to your knees....
2. K. Pauls.... Best food in New Orleans { and best Cajun Martini's.... Thanks Jim, from Rau's Antiques! After an amazing private tour, through the vaults, filled with museum quality Antiques... ahhh really... Great Master Oil Paintings... Oyster Servers, from the Queen of England.... Dining Set's for around half a Mil...Oh my!} Jim sent us to K. Pauls.... He said I couldn't drink more than one Cajun Martini... Ahhh, he was correct!} { The Oyster Po Boy, was Incredible!}
3. You never know who you might meet, at any given moment...
4. Everyone, and I mean Everyone, has a story...{and a good one, if you take time and listen}
5. Americans, and Yankees,{Northerners, in general...} are an interesting lot... in the mind of Southerners, and Creoles...to this very day... {it's a long story...and not one, I might ad, that revolves solely around slavery... I think you could open up a newspaper, even today, and figure it out....}
6.Beauty is, as Beauty Does... This is a long, and disheartening story, that occurred, as I was carrying in my luggage, the night we got home... I have put this woman, in God's hands...I have only met this woman, three times, in the last 20 years... Always thought she was so beautiful.... But when she opens her mouth...Well, I have never heard anything like it....How sad... Incredibly sad... for her, and her family....
7. You should always take heed, when a Doctor says to....{ leg still looks like a mess...Just call me Grace...}
8. A Wonderful Old Cupboard, is Worth Dropping Everything For! Sadly, I won't get to enjoy it, myself, as it is sold.... But my dear friend who bought it, will... for a while....
9. A Day Off... Is a Good Thing... I took the second half of the day off, yesterday....I plan to do the same, today... I have got to stay off of this leg...
10. There Truly is.... No Place Like Home.... I was called to the shop, yesterday morning, by a couple of ladies... They are from Southern Iowa... As they meandered through the Shop, I did too... There is... No Place.... Like Home...
I have a busy week, potentially ahead... Many people to see... An opportunity to do Walnut... My truck is partially loaded... I don't know if I dare push it.... We are doing Fourth of July, in Mt.Vernon... And, with all of the rain, it looks like a jungle around here! I'm going to try and take today off... We'll see...
Have a Wonderful Day!
Barb C.

1 comment:

Betty G said...

Barb-it looks like you had a fabulous time! The pix are awesome-it's almost like I was right there with you! :) Wish I had one of those martinis right about now! Luv~Betty