Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Mad Hatter...

Life can be so crazy... Or, dare I say mad... It was great today... Tons of folks through... Kids, and babies, older folk... One gentleman, made it out, first thing this morn... He had called last night... had seen the sale ad, but all he was looking for, was a glass shade, for an old floor lamp... He was a bit difficult to understand, but, I told him, I was sure, we would have one here... He pulled in, bright and early... He told me, he had broken his wife's lamp, the day before yesterday... and if he didn't find a shade, before she had seen what he had done, he'd be in hot water... This man, was quite up there in years... He was precious... he didn't want to upset his wife.... I found him one, that fit perfectly.... I charged him 3.00... I didn't want to charge him anything... but... I knew that wouldn't wash with him... So, 3.00 was perfect.... He left, a very happy man... He made me happy too... Just seeing how much he cared about his wife's feelings... It was a very good day... We wind it up, tomorrow... I think it's going to be a Great Day... I can just feel it! Hope to see you! Barb C.
Sisters, and friends... what could be better...
This Young Lady, and Fellow Mad Hatter, bought my absolutely perfect, Mad Hatter Chair... I was totally broken hearted... I bought it from Tommi, and wanted to use it, the rest of the year, for display... but, I always have to price things... remember... bills... bills..... This Sweet Gal, had bought a Mad Hatter Hat, that Liz had created, recently.... so, I guess, it was fitting for her to have his chair...I'll have to go visit it in St.Louis, I guess...

No comments: