Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Toys...


Worked at the May 2 - 5 Estate Sale, yesterday.
Played with a few Toys.
; )








Above... is just a Snippet.
 Friend, Lee.... {Estate's Daughter in Law} helped gather them together... and clean.
Was so excited when Lee found the Mid Century Horse TV Lamp... {top image} in the basement.
It's Lovely.
; )
I gave it a quick bath... put in a new bulb... and Lit It Up.
: )

There is an Unbelievable Amount of everything, in this Home, and Workshop.
We keep finding things... tucked away, throughout.
Lee's Mother in Law... LOVED to Cook, and Bake.
<3
There's so much Kitchenware, it's going to be a Trick... displaying it all.
but...
we will.
; )

So Many... Wonderful Vintage Cook Books.
oh my.
; )

Lee, and I... talked about The Bridge, that went down... in Baltimore, early... yesterday morning.
: ( : ( : (.....
Heartbreaking.

Lee grew up, and worked very near that bridge, years ago.
So... incredibly sad.
: ( : ( : (....



Before leaving Home, to work... at the Estate, yesterday morning...
the phone rang.
It was Pal, Chicago Ray.
: )

Ray... checks in with me... every now, and then.
: )
{We go back, decades. Ray thought So Much... of John. }

Ray said.... 
"I was thinking about you, this morning. Baby... sure miss those days, when we were both running like Crazy... and 'Horse Trading', this old stuff!!"
; )

Told Ray... I miss those days, too. 

Ray eluded to some of our 'Dealings'... over the years.
: )
We've went 'round, and round, a time... or two.
; )
but...
Always, remained Pals.
Always.
Ray said his Birthday is coming up... on Saturday.
Somehow... I thought Ray was a Taurus, like me.
"No..." he said, "I'm an Aries."

HOLY SMOKES!!!
Hahahahaha!!
Said to Ray.... "Oh My Lord!!!... How Have We Ever Gotten Along??? "
{Told Ray about an 'Aries' I worked with, once... whom I thought was a Pieces.
Could Not... Understand, why... when I worked with him, it was a Constant Argument.
If... I said 'Black'... he'd say 'White'.
Ugly... Non Stop... Ugly.
: (
I... finally asked the man,
 'how is it... we can't ever see eye to eye, everything is a constant battle, 
with you being a Pieces?? 
Taurus and Pieces... usually get along Great!!'
???
The man said... "I'm not a 'Pieces'.... I'm an 'Aries'."

uh... oh.

I, just stood there, looking at the man, and said...
"Little Ram... Meet The Bull."
turned... and walked away.
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
; )
{Some don't believe in zodiac signs. That's ok. : )
 I believe We All Come from The Stars, and God Created Them All.}
<3

Ray... has Quite an Eye. He comes up with the Coolest Things!!
Everything from Early, Early... Primitives, to the Goopiest... Early...
French pieces.
; )
Ray Works HARD... Hunting, Gathering.... Loading, Fixing... and Repairing.
He's a Master, at His Trade!!
; )
Told Ray... 'That's What Keeps Him Young!!'
: )

Ray's going to be headed to set up at The Brimfield, MA. Shows...
 again... this Spring.
He loves 'Early Eastern Primitives'.
I've never had the desire to go... out East.
Prefer our Early... 'Iowa'... and Midwest... 'Farmhouse' pieces, always have.
We all have our 'vices'.
 ; )
That's what makes the World... Go Round.
: )

Ray... has watched the 'Crazy Train'... 'Roll', through Fairfax, over the last many years.
It drives him crazy... I know he's concerned..

: (
Hate That.
: (

All we've ever wished for everyone, is happiness, contentment.... 
and Great Junk Huntin'....
Adventures!!
; )

The Wonderful... Crazy Friends, {Family}... I've been Blessed to meet, through the 
'Old Soulfulness'...
over the years...
oh my.
: ).....

My Heart Goes Out... to All, who are Suffering.
Always.

Many, Many... Prayers, Always.

Love to You.

Barb C.

No comments: