Monday, March 11, 2024

Backsliding Vegetarian


Can't Wait... until the Lilacs, and Lily of The Valley come!!
; )
Lilac's were Sister, Chery's... Favorites!!
Always think of her... when I'm near them.
<3

Started this post... yesterday, then... a Friend called, wanted me to join her... and another Friend, to watch The Iowa Girls Play Basketball... at The Angle Inn, in Walford. 
{Just down the road. : ) }
My Friend picked me up... and, WOW!!! What a GAME!!! : )
What a GAME!!!
<3
I... 'Celebrated'... The WIN, maybe... a Bit Too Much!!
; )
Had the Bartender Break Open... The Yukon Jack.
oh dear... 
That's Never a Good Idea.
 ; )
{It's a fun idea, but... usually... never ends well.  : ) }
One of my Pal's confused my glass with hers, took a BIG Gulp, of Yukon...
Oh My Lord... 'THAT' was Priceless!!!
Haven't Laughed So Hard.... in A Long Time!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!!
Ooooops!
: ) : ) : )..........
We had a GREAT Time!! 
What a GAME!! }
; )

Was supposed to meet with Folks, this afternoon, down The Rabbit Hole. 
They had to cancel... at the last minute. 
Medical emergency. : ( My thoughts and Prayers... are with them.
Life... can change in the blink of an eye, as we all... sadly know.

I had plenty to do, there... today.
Certain things, stop me in my tracks, there...
today, it was this little Victorian piece.
It's a Combination Piece, like I've never seen before.

It's a napkin ring, open salt server, pepper shaker, butter pat..
All in One.

There would've been one of These.... at every place setting, on the dinner table.


Wow!!
<3
Those 'Victorian's'... Really Had It Goin' On!!
; )
<3

Below... is what I'd written, yesterday, before my Pal...
called, with the Invite.
; )

Often think of myself as a vegetarian.
; )
Seems, at Best...
I'm a 'Backsliding Vegetarian'.
If... I had to kill... for meat, trust me....
I'd be eating Clover 'til the Day I Die.





Yes... Indeed. 
Words to Live by.
; )
{still workin' on # 3, on the list. ; ) }

Picked up a Supreme Pizza, from Casey's last night, for Supper.
: )
I like to call myself a Vegetarian... and, often do.
That's.... actually... a Fib.
; )


I buy Pizza's with meat, so I can share with Miss. Peanut.
I eat the veggies, and cheese, she gets the meat... and crust.
; )
but...
I'm kind of a vegetarian... hypocrite.
: )

I eat eggs, dairy... fish, and... on Occasion, 


A Big... Fat... Juicy... RARE Steak!!
: )

Yeah... Boy!!
; )

{If a Steak... is even close to 'Medium' Rare, it's too overcooked, in my opinion.
The above Prime Rib, was served at The Lighthouse Supper Club, on Mt. Vernon Road, Cedar Rapids, Iowa... two years ago, when Pal, Dale... and I ended our Long Day, there... for Supper.}


but...
I only eat red meat, chicken... or pork, when I go out to eat.
Love a Good Tenderloin!!
Love... Good Broasted Chicken!!
just... not very often.
Don't cook meat at Home, since John's been gone.
Only on Holidays, for Family.

I LOVE a Great Steak... but, don't feel good, after.
{Like a Slug!! ; ) }
I'm not much of a meat eater.
Have Pal's... that are Strictly Meat and Potato Folks.
They feel their best, eating that kind of a diet.
; )
We're all different.
and... that's ok. 

Long story short... seems....
I'm a 'Backsliding Vegetarian'.
oh dear.
{made me think of an old... Cal Smith, Tune. ; ) I'll post it above.}

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.

{made me think of something else... 'Judge not, that ye be not judged'.}



No comments: