Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Fairfax. oh my.


Started this post, yesterday.
Had... to walk away from it.

Above is the tiny... 100, plus... year old Bridge, that is on the North side of our land.
{West Cemetery Road}
It's about 24, 25... feet long.
Has done a Very Good Job, all of those years.
: )
Tiny... 'Oscar Creek'... is just a little, tiny... stream.
<3

Fairfax's 'hired' Engineer, believes this tiny bridge should be replaced with one... that his Firm... is in charge of designing, that will be 140 feet long...
and... as big as the Highway 151 Bridge.
With a Bike Trail... on it, and Elevated, as The 151 Bridge...was, {wrongfully} to have a Bike Trail under, as well.
: (
oh...my.
Fairfax will have to Condemn... More of our land, for their 'Project'.
: (

Yesterday... made a few calls.

Took me back to Spring of 2017.
In 2017... I was spinning.
IDOT District 6, had me chasin' my tail.
So...did Fairfax, Iowa... City Hall.
They, both kept pointing their fingers at each other.
Nobody... would tell me the truth.
: (

Scrolling through my phone... yesterday, to find a number, I hadn't dialed... since then, oh my.
I was working on an Estate Sale... then, too.
There was ONE person... I trusted, at District 6.
{Mistakenly. {those Public Records... don't lie. }
He... directed me to the 'entity', back then... that I called on yesterday.
Just... another, run around, from them... back then, too.
: (

{That was before... I found an Amazing Lawyer.}
Tryin' to do everything... myself.
Wow... how they All... took advantage of my Stupidity.
oh...
my.
: (

Bless their hearts.

My poor little Android, is Filled with IDOT Engineer's Phone Numbers...
The Number's... for the Former... and Present, Mayor... of Fairfax.
Councilwomen's Phone Numbers.
Countless numbers... for those who worked the Highway 151 Project.
oh my...
these last many years, have been so sad.
It makes me Sick... when I scroll through my 'contacts'.
: (

The Only Phone Number, concerning This Never Ending Fairfax/IDOT Mess...
that matters, is 'Josey Wales'.
Our Lawyer.
He has a Way... of Finding the Truth.

Wish I would've had him on board, from Day One.

My Mistake.

I... should've 'Called The Man'...
much sooner.

Love to Ya.
Prayers... for All.

Barb C.

{Our New Mayor, Jo Ann Beer, I believe... is Truly Trying to get Fairfax straightened up. I... sure hope so.}

Can't seem to get 'This'... off of my mind.
I'm updating this post, 8/3... after...  working on another 'Estate' Sale.

I don't like.. 'regrets'. I, try to avoid 'creating' them... with every step I take.
; )
{Do unto others... The Golden Rule. ; ) }
I, foolishly 'trusted' people, I... never should've.
: (
Those, I... foolishly believed, were looking out for us.
{They are 'paid' handsomely... to look out for us... <3}
 I, always hoped... 'They' were where 'They' wanted to be... because...'They'... had a Purpose, for helping people.
'Citizens'.

I... was wrong.
 So... Incredibly 'Wrong'.
: (

Reminds me of what another Girl... said... who had a Hound, for her Best Friend, too.
: )

'Toto... I've a feeling...we're not in Kansas, anymore."
{or...in 'Iowa'}
: (


Yep...
I Should've Called 'The Man'... Day One.

When Fairfax, Iowa... City Hall... and IDOT District 6, kept knockin' on our 
Door.

I'll carry that 'regret'... 
Huge... regret.
: (
That's why I write about 'this'.
Don't make the same mistakes, I have.
<3
'Call The Man'.
Day One.

Day... One.

Grateful... 
'The Man', is Riding 'This' Crazy Train, still.
; )
He Believes in Justice, and Truth... too.
Grateful.





No comments: