Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Fairfarren... Dan. " We aren't 'Gone'... until we're forgotten"




Attended... Friend, Dan Allers' Funeral, yesterday.

I've known Dan, and his Beautiful Wife, Jo... for decades.
We were neighbors, at Gold Rush... for decades.
: )
Dan, and Jo... set up at The Anamosa Antique & Vintage Market... for decades.
They attended Estate Sales, Auctions...and Shows, all over Iowa. All over the Country.
We've shared many... Dinners, together... in Rochester, over the years.
<3

Always knew, and understood... Dan's Passion for Antiques, but... the real Gift, over just the last couple of years, was listening to Dan... about the other 'Facets' of his life.
<3

In this 'business'... like, with... most every business... I guess,
we 'know' one facet... of one another.
Our common facet was through Antiques.

but...
 I've seen throughout my life, People... are like Gems.
Multi-faceted.

Often, we don't get to 'know'... People, or their many 'facets'... 
other than the 'one' we conduct business with.
Have mutual interest... in.

Dan, over the last couple of years... shared some of his experiences from Vietnam, with me.
He...was a Brave Man.
Dan... Spoke, so... freely about it.
Wow.
: )
Thanked Dan, for His Service.
His... Sacrifices.
Wow.

Dan, also... shared a little of his childhood, and his Love of Horses, with me.
: )
Dan... called 'Keystone, Iowa' His... 'Happy Place'... a few years back... as a child, too.
: )
{Who Knew??}

We grew up in very different worlds, on Farms, near Keystone, but... didn't matter.
We both look back, at 'Keystone'... with The Fondest Memories.
oh...my.
: )
The Love... of Horses... and Country Roads.
; )
'Freedom'
Priceless.
<3

Dan's Funeral was Packed... with SO MANY PEOPLE!!
<3 <3 <3 
It was like an Award Show, where We All... 'Knew' One Another.
<3
Amazing!!
<3

I'd like to write more, but... can't, today.

My Heart... Goes Out to Jo.
<3 <3 <3 
Pal, Dale... who...was like a Brother, to Dan, oh my...
my Heart Breaks, for Them... Both.

The last conversation, I had with Dan... here, sitting under John's Old Oak, late May...
when Dan had just been diagnosed...
Dan said... to me,
 "We aren't 'Gone'... until we're forgotten'."

We'll Never 'Forget',
Dan.
: )

No Worries.
; )



No comments: