Tuesday, August 29, 2023

{For The Record} Oh... my.


Loved that Old... Book.
; )

Reminded me of the movie, 'Beetlejuice'.
: )

Tweaked my back, yesterday.
: (
Walking like I have a Steel Rod up my Spine... today.
Couldn't load furniture, today.
Re-scheduled consignments... for Thursday mornin'.
; )
Hopefully... I'll have my back, back... by then.
: )

Meeting with Fairfax's Mayor, and Hired... Engineer, tomorrow afternoon, concerning the condemnation of more of our land, to replace the 25 foot bridge by Scout's Pasture....
 that's Served Fairfax... Well...  for over a hundred years, it's Carried Semis... Farm Tractors, Wagons... a few hundred vehicles a day... at best...
 that, now... Fairfax's Hired Engineer, believes should be designed, by his firm... the same size as the Highway 151 Bridge, that carries 13,000, to 15,000... a day.
140 feet, or so... long, and... MUCH Wider, and Much Taller... to accommodate a Bike Trail... Above, and Below.
hmmmmm.
???
{'Josey Wales'... will be present, as well.} 
: )
Grateful.

Spent a lot of time... today, going over documents, and videos.
Takin' notes.
: )
Spent some time... visiting with IDOT.
{Iowa Department of Transportation}
The Des Moines... 'Version'.
{Not... District 6.}
: )
So... Enjoy speaking with IDOT Folks... who don't 'know' me. 
<3 
They are Gems. Straight Shooters.
<3
Reminded... the IDOT Rep, today...
It wasn't the tiny, little 100, plus... year old bridge over DD #1 by Scout's pasture that collapsed with the Flood of 2014. It was the Highway 151 Bridge, built and designed by IDOT.

All I've ever asked from IDOT, and Fairfax... is The Truth.
Seems, so simple.

oh...
my.
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{It was Great seeing Wanda, and Terry... this morning.
 <3
They... are Very Special Folks. }
<3

{For the record, we didn't request this 'meeting' with Fairfax.
The Mayor, and Fairfax's Hired Engineer... did.}
; )


No comments: