Thursday, March 19, 2020

Back to The Basics.

Hope Everyone...is Perkin' Along, 
during this Very...Interesting Time, of our Lives.
<3
I have to say...from my Heart, of Hearts....
Things are Gonna Be OK.
: )
It's gonna be Tuff, but...we're used to that.
: )

Sometimes, I believe...we are placed in uncomfortable situations, to Learn, and Grow.
Went to the grocery store, on the way home from Wisconsin, on Monday.
Daughter, Liz...asked if I could get some Baby Formula, as there wasn't any...near her.
I called 'my' Johnson Ave, Hy Vee, as I was driving, and...they said there was some on the shelves.
I, was about an hour out, didn't ask them to pull any, as...there may be others, who were at the store, and should...be able to get it, first.
{No, I didn't buy it All. I bought Two Containers.}
Visited with two Friends, while I was driving.
One...was Totally...Shook.
: )
She said... she couldn't understand why I'd even bother, shopping.
Everything...will be sold out.
: )
When I walked inside the store, what I saw...were some empty shelves.
: )
The shelves that held, macaroni and cheese, ramen noodles, pasta sauce, canned soup, boxed, quick meals....
yes, 'Those' shelves....were pretty empty.
As I walked on, to get to the Formula...I thought....
'Folks, in So Many....Other Countries, would think this 'Empty' Store, is like Heaven.'
There was Plenty of Meat, Milk, Eggs, Flour, Beans, Rice, Spices, Butter, Fresh, and Frozen Fruits, and Vegetables, Cheese, Juice...So MUCH, if...you know how to Cook.
: )
{We Need Home Ec 'Living Skills', classes, Back...in our Schools.}
Thankfully, we have the internet, that can show people How to Cook.
Bread, is as simple as mixing Flour, Salt, Water, Yeast. {a little oil, if you have it. 
There were Plenty...of Baking Supplies, too.
Noodles, are as simple as mixing Eggs, Milk, Flour, and Salt.}
They were out of gallon jugs, of Bleach, but...I found plenty of Cleaners, that had Bleach, as their First ingredient.
Plenty of Soap, maybe...not the Brands, most people like, but...Good Soap, all the same.
: )

I, was very Blessed...growing up.
Mom, prepared Wonderful Meals, on a Dime.
She made so Much, from so....Little.
Guess, that's why...I never knew, we didn't have much 'money'.
: )
We Always had Plenty...to eat.
: )
Here's what we didn't have.

Boxed Meals.
Canned Drinks/Soda.
Store Bought, Restaurant, or Prepared Food, or Meals.
Dry, Boxed Cereal.
{Dad, Loved 'Wheaties', so...she'd buy that for him, now and then, when it was on sale. : ) }
She'd usually fix Real Oatmeal...{not the instant, in little packages}
Most of the time, for Breakfast, we'd have
Rice, with Cinnamon, Sugar, and Milk.
Ham, and Eggs.
{Cinnamon Toast}
Toast, with Butter, Cinnamon, and Sugar.
and...
Whole Milk.
{Mom said, if she wanted Skim Milk, she'd dilute the Whole Milk, down. : )
 That...Never, Happened. : ) }

Most Everything....we had, growing up...was Real, Non Processed Food.
Those...were the Food Items, that were most Plentiful....at Hy Vee, on Monday.
John, grew up...much the same, as me.
We, pretty much...cook that way, too.
I've been very concerned about this virus, for many weeks.
Almost, cancelled a meeting, with a Client, several weeks ago....because I knew she'd been Flying, with her work.
Told her, so.
When things were getting so ugly, many weeks ago, in other countries...I was nervous, about Planes, and Cruise Ships.
: (
'Petri Dishes'.
: ( 


I believe...Everything, is going to work out.
We have to use common sense, and...listen to The Experts.
There's No Place...for 'Panic'.
'Panic', is like Quicksand.
The more ya Twist, the Deeper, you'll sink.
Dad, always preferred to Farm with Mules.
"They are smarter than Horses", he always said. : )
Dad, used to mow ditches, and would only mow...with Mules.
I, asked him why, one day...as he was telling stories, from back in the day.
He said...
"Many times, when you're mowing ditches, you'll hit Bee's Nests. 
Horses, will go Crazy. Out of Their Minds....
You can't hold 'em. The faster they go, the more...the Bee's Attack.
Mules, will stand completely Still, until the Bee's settle down, then...they'll step very slowly, until they're in safe territory."
We...need to be More, like Mules. : ) 
I, also...believe, we are going to come away from This, in a Positive Way.
We'll All...Learn, A Lot.
New Business's, will Sprout, New Ways....of Conducting Business, and...Living, will be Learned.
I've been working on some new ideas, for nearly two years.
Sure Wish...I'd had them in the Works, Now.
: )
but....
unless, I'm in a corner, I usually Procrastinate.
: )
So, looks like I'll have a little free time, to get Rockin'. 
: )
I'm Praying...for All, who are Suffering, and Struggling.
Stay Positive, and....Stay Safe.
Remember, We Have Much...
to 
Be Very, Very....Thankful, For. 
<3 <3 <3 
We'll Get Through This.
; )
Love, to Ya!!
Barb C.


{I'm very fortunate, to have this 'Love'...of 'Old'.
Everything, around me....reminds, 
What They, have 'Survived'. 
Many pieces, that rest....very near, to where I'm typing, now....
date, from the early 1800's, to the early 1900's.
They've all survived, a Civil War, Dysentery, World War 1, and World War 2, Tuberculosis, Smallpox, Measles, Chickenpox, Polio, Cholera, Whooping Cough, Scarlet Fever, Korea, Vietnam, Oklahoma City,  AIDS, 911, RSV, and...so many, many...more, Deadly...Crisis's.
We, are Survivors, too. 
We're Here, for a Reason.
<3 <3 <3  }








No comments: