Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Civil...Wars.

So Much....is going on.
Sunday, we had a 'Convoy'....of Trucks, bringing things to the rabbit hole.
; )
Oh My.
There are barely...pathways, through....the shop.
: (.
Several partial Estates, have found their way, there.
I, haven't been able to have a Sale....for over a year, with the Highway Project.
Folks, need to clean their Family Member's homes, out...in a hurry.
: (
It's...insane, here.
Sat down, for a bit...this evening, and thought about what I was going to write about.
I've had a few conversations, with Friends, over this election...coming.
Thought of the Iowa City, Civil War era, Newspapers, I'd rescued...many years ago, from a Farm....where my Dad had lived, during the 1940's.
<3
I remember, reminiscing with my oldest Brother, Sonny....
about 5 years ago, concerning our Dad.
: )
Sonny said, "Our Dad....was the Only Man, I ever knew....who could Argue Both Sides,
 of The Isle...
{opposing, whoever he was talking to...}
Convincingly....
and, Never Voted Once....in His Life!!"
{Sonny, didn't think that was as Humorous....as I....did, and...do!! }
Hahahahahaha!!!
; )
Indeed.
<3
I rarely...talk 'politics'. 
Never knew, until...after Sonny passed away, who he 'sided' with.
Dad, and...I, rarely....discussed politics, either.
He, and I....locked horns, a couple of times.
: )
Not, bad...tho.
<3
Guess...we respected each other, too much.
: )
After all, we are, ultimately... on the 'Same Team'.
<3 <3 <3 
We all have More...in Common, than not.
Maybe, that's why...Dad found it so Easy, to Argue...Both Sides!!!
{and...'Win'!! Hahahaha!!!}


Love...how the Lawyers, and...Taverns, were advertised next to each other.
Hahahahaha!!
Josey Wales, would get a kick...outta that. ; )

This is from an 1863 Iowa City Paper.
Click on it, to enlarge.
: )
It made me...smile. : )
We all...seem to forget.

While I was digging through Dad's...Old, Cupboard....that was built in the 1850's, near North Liberty, Iowa...
{where the 1850's and 60's....Iowa City Newspapers, also...came from. }
I, saw the little Dog....I'd found, years ago....inside.
: )
Looks a little like....'Peanut'. <3
; )
oh...my. <3

Peanut.
<3

I, despise...how 'politics'....
keep us so divided.
Our enemies...love to watch us fight amongst ourselves.
: (
The truth is, we are going to vote...for who we, ourselves...feel, would do the best, for our Country, anyway.
Nothing...anyone, says....or, does, will change that.
Nor, should it.
At the end of the day, we need to remember...we must, stay United.
It's just like Family.
We can pick on each other, all we want, but let an 'Outsider'...pick on any of us, and...They'll have to Deal...with Us, All. 
<3
Sonny, told me....when he sent his Kids off to school....he told 'em...
"If One of you comes home with a Black Eye, You All...Better come home, with a Black Eye."
; )
Hahahahaha!!!
Indeed.
<3 
: )
Before.

If you look close...you can see two flags, on the ground...and, One...standing.
That stake is numbered 879-50.
That area....including the Big...Pine, where our beloved Pets...are laid to Rest...
according to the IDOT's Engineers, should've Never been Taken.
{I have that...in writing. }
Yet...They Took It, anyway.
I captured this image, this afternoon.
I was standing...on the balcony, looking out.
Don't have the heart....to walk outside.
Late, this afternoon, I snapped Peanut, out.
Stood, halfway outside the door, to keep an eye on her.
{She's blind, and, sometimes... get's into trouble, even on the cable.: ( }
The Men, working....weren't far from the house.
They were surprised, when they saw Peanut.
Then, they saw me.
I, waved....at them.
 : )
They...waved back.
: )
I remember...visiting Nottoway Plantation, in Louisiana, several years ago....with my Pal, Allyson.
We had free rein of the Beautiful Mansion, overnight.
The Folks there, explained how the Mistress...of the Plantation, had to 'get along' with the Union Soldiers, as the Civil War. was coming to an end, as to spare...what she could...of her Home.
In a very...very, small way, I...understand her.
This, Condemnation....is to me, much....like a 'Civil War', when it comes....to saving our Land.
: (
I, wouldn't wish this Hell...on anyone.
{Remember us, if you are ever on Jury Duty, concerning 'Condemnation', 'Eminent Domain'...of Land.... }
To think, if Fairfax, hadn't asked the IDOT, to be included in this Highway Project, for a walking trail....next to this insane....highway, our land....would've mostly....been spared.
The taxpayers...'Us', could've spent these Millions of dollars, Helping....others, instead of placing them, in Harm's Way.
: (
I, just...shake my head.
Always....will.
That's Enough.
: )
Long...Hard, Days...ahead.
I'll get some pictures, soon...of the Sales, coming.
The Mountains, that have landed here.
oh...my.
; )
Love...to Ya,
Barb C. 

{Not long, after I wrote this post, I saw that the Tornadoes had torn through Nashville.
Went to bed around 3, after touching base with all of my Nashville Friends, I could.
They've all gotten back to me this morning.
My heart Breaks, for the Folks...in, and around Nashville.
Praying for All. }

No comments: