Saturday, March 14, 2020

Old...Chandeliers, and...Old, Horseshoes.

The Days have been Long, and Nights...Late,
 over the last several weeks.
{IDOT and City of Fairfax}
It's Good, to have a Friend.

<3 <3 <3 
It's painful...to walk outside, these days.
So Much....Unnecessary Carnage.
: ( : ( : ( 

Had a Sweet Gal, call...the other day, she was hunting Old...
Horseshoes.
: )
I, knew...I had some, but....where?
The last I saw them, was at The Anamosa Show.
I, was Sure...they were packed, in the Trailer.
I'd remembered selling a few, but...was sure, I had some.
Getting to them, would be another story.
It was so cold, loading out, and...that's the night Brandon's Truck blew it's engine...coming Home.
Everything...is a Blur, from That...Load Out. 

She also asked me if I was interested in an Old...Chandelier, she'd rescued.
: )
"Heck, Yeah!! : ) "
When she, and her Beautiful, Granddaughter....arrived, with the Chandelier, I told them, there wasn't much chance, of finding those old, Horseshoes.
: (
I was reaching in my pocket, to pay her for the Chandelier....and she said...
"Nope! I don't want Any Money! We'll Trade, for Horseshoes!"
: )
I, told her...she'd better take my dough, because...I had No Idea, when I could dig 'em out.
: )
She, wouldn't consider it.
So...we began scouring the Chaos, outside the rabbit hole.
Surely, there Must...be some Horseshoes, somewhere, I thought.
No.
; (
Then, I said...
"Let's look in the Truck, and Trailer.{They, are Packed Tight.} but...who knows."
: )
Not in The Fuso.
: (
Then, opened the Trailer, and...at the very end, right...by the door, was a little, old...red basket,
with the Old, Horse, and Mule Shoes....sittin' as Pretty as You Please. : )
I Could Not...Believe It!!
: )
There was an old...Cast Iron Bird, with them, that she liked, too.
: )
I said... "Horseshoes, and Bird, for the Chandelier???"
<3
She Happily...Agreed. <3
As we walked around the rabbit hole, looking for the Horseshoes, I said, to her...
"Look at This. All of This. : ( 'This'...is me."
: (
I, burst into tears.
: (
"This...isn't overwhelming, to me. It's not something, I can't handle...
if...I were 'whole'.
What's Heartbreaking....It's a Reflection, of 'who'....I am. : (
The Rabbit Hole, has always...been a reflection, who...I am. 
: (
It Breaks My Heart...to 'See' us Both, like This. : ( "
We, just stood there, 'coronavirus' Scare... and...all....and Held each Other.
: ( : ( : ( 
oh...my.
She kinda knows, what's been going on...for So Long, around here.
Bless Her Heart, for her Much...Needed, 'Shoulder'. 
<3 <3 <3 
May God..Bless, Her. : )
<3 <3 <3 

This Evening, I picked up an Old...Iowa, Dry Sink.
{Yes, I'm stayin' close to Home, when I do...go, I make sure to take every precaution.
Not going where there are Crowds, keepin' it Small, Quiet, and...Sanitized. : ) }
As I visited with the Folks, that had it, in their Home...
I, told them, I have a small Antique Shop, in Fairfax.
The Husband, said... "Not where that Old...Truck is?"
Yep!!
"The '49 Ford. : ) "
They Both...Smiled....and said, 
They'd been here, Many Times....when we have the Big Sales,
 and How Much They Love....All of the Little Buildings, and So, Enjoy...Coming.
<3 <3 <3 
That...Made...My...Day.
<3 <3 <3 
Somehow, someway...I've got to Pull...myself, and...The Rabbit Hole, from the 
'Abyss'.
: ( : ( : ( 
We have two, estate sales...maybe, three...in the next month.
I feel, we need to watch this coronavirus, for 30 days.
Put Events, on hold.
If...we take precautions, use some common sense, 
hopefully, this will be a 'ripple', and not, a 'Tsunami', 
like it's been for other Countries.
I Pray...for All, who are suffering, and...struggling, today.
There....are many.
Love, to You.
Barb C. 



No comments: