Monday, July 15, 2013

Estray Mare!!! oh dear.... : )

 
 
Estray Mare!!!
oh dear...
Saturday...I was...All of That!
and it felt...Good...
Too!
{sigh....}
Being On The Road...Again!
Seems...my wings have been a bit...clipped... this year...
tho...Thankfully... Treasures...seem to keep finding their way...to the rabbit hole...
whether...I gather... or... they are brought to my door...
That's the way...Old Soulfulness is....
it always...finds it's way...to the right hands....
But... I Neeeed...the Road....
I forget...how parched... my Spirit is... until...
The Ford and I...
pull out of the drive....
The Beauty... of Iowa....
The Rolling Hills....
The Crops...in mid July...
 that are Reaching for The Sky....
The Old...Farmhouses...and Barns...
Critters... Grazing... in the Pastures...
Summer Grasses... up to their Bellies!
Hog Heaven!!!!
: )
Dave and  Shelly...had invited me, to their Grand Opening....
last Saturday....
and tho...
I have so much.... to get done....here....
I really... wanted to go....
so...
The Ford and I...DID!
I Had a Blast!!!
The Entire Day... was...Incredible....
I Loved...and Gathered Much...from Dave, and Shelly...
but...it was the People...I found along the way...that, also...made it so....
Perfect....
Tho...
That Amazing Blue...Lamp...
That...had me Smiling...Ear to Ear...All Day!!!
{Shelly calls it her... "Bordello" Lamp... : )
She had it for 10 years...
in her Home...
Now It's My Turn!!!
I couldn't decide... if it was The Ugliest Lamp...I have Ever Seen....
or...The Most,.. Drop Dead...Gnarlist One....
{actually...I Know...Which....
and...it would be...the latter.... : ) }
The card...above...
is a Gift...from my Sweet MN. Friend... Marianne...
She makes all of my Simply Iowa Jewelry...
I just got another batch in...
In these... I had her use...some the Civil War  Era
Newspaper fragments... for the font...
The one she used...was from the 1850's....
the mice... had a field day...not much was left....
 so thought her jewelry...would be a perfect use...for it....
These, new necklaces... {I'll have an image, later...}
are sentimental....
as these papers... are the ones...I got...from the Farm... Dad lived on...so long ago...
that...Fate.... took me to...
Marianne... surprised me... with her own Creation... on this Card...
My Gift.....
: )
"Estray Mare"...
{interesting... In the description....of The Estray Mare....of 1852}
" A few white hairs, on the forehead"....
Hmmmm.... : )
{I'm taking care of Those... Today! }
and...
Marianne added...
"Oh My..."
and...
"It Is... What It Is...."
I think that little...Marianne...
knows me better... than I thought...
: )
I hung it from the rear view, in The Ford...
It makes me Smile...
{Along with one of Peg's Gourds.... a little old...gnarly...Christmas Tree...
{that hangs...upside down...? }
'The Lord is my Shepherd' badge...a Sweet...little...Cross....
a... 'One Year Chip'... from... a Dear...Soul....
oh my...
Marianne's... collage.. is in Good...Company...: ) }
The Ford and I... Rolled... through the Beautiful... Iowa Countryside...
it was ...
Like a Stream in the Desert!
I had Much Fun...Gathering... Loads...of Gnarliness!!!
Fun...Littles!!!
The Cab...was Packed...FULL!
but... we kept...Gathering...on down the Hi Way!
Stopped at 2 great shops...in Vinton, Iowa....
then...popped in...and visited Mark...
{Nutt's About Antiques, in Norway, Iowa...}
He's..so much Fun...
and...always...has some...Unusual...Gnarliness....
I can't walk away from...
: )
Ran into our friend, Don Mc. there...
He was driving... his... SHELBY Mustang!
{Lord...there is...Somethin'...about a Mustang! Yowza!!!}
We all stood around The Ford... chatting...
pickin' through...the fragments...The Ford and I had gathered...
 Strewn...on the Flatbed...
It was a Good... Day...
no...
It was a GREAT DAY!!!
I'll have more images...
I'm still unpacking...
Hope you...
had a Great Weekend...
Filled With...Adventure and Fun!!!!
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{as I sit here...in the Kitchen.... I heard Joey Glass... drive by...He always 'Beeps'!
{I do...soooo Love...Joey!}
then...another...'Beep'...!!!
then...
Another!
Love it... when folks... 'Beep' their Horn...as they pass by...: )
It's like...a Sweet...
 'Howdy Do!'...
: ) }
 
I'm always...snappin' images as I roll down the road...
but... here's Proof..
I don't take my Eyes...off the Road..
{It never ceases to Amaze me... when I inadvertently...catch a glimpse of myself...
how...SERIOUS.... I look...
oh well...
I was...Totally... on a "Gnarliness Gathering Expedition"!!!!
and...That's.... Serious...Business!!!
{ I thought to myself... when I saw this image...
Lord... I look like a Mannequin....
 the Funny thing is...
my mind...
it's Whirling...
Spinning...
Mom...Polly...John...Kids...People....Friends....
Critters...Treasures....Future...Past...
{not too much...'past'...after all...I am... looking out...
The Windshield....
It's All About....The Journey...
and what's around the next.... bend...: ) }
 
oh my...
I can't begin to tell ya... what I brought home...
but...Every Lick of It....
is...Rabbit Hole... Worthy!
From...Several Gnarly...Gnarly...Lamp Shades...{more in the Cab...}
to...
Seed Signs... Old...Lincoln's Drape Urns...Victorian...Frill...and Farm...Grunge....
This...Lamp....
Made My Day!!!!
It's Huge... and... INSANE!!!
The Shade...reminds me...of The Hatter's...Hat!!!!
The Lamp...is a Bit...over 4 feet tall....
and...I Hope... I can find a spot for it...in The House...
although...
it would be a Wonderful...Jewelry Display...
Down...
The....
Rabbit...
Hole...
: )
{and...at Shows! }
The Coolest...
Implement Seat....I Have Ever Seen....
: )
I have never seen one...that mounts...like this....
Don Mc. was going to see if he could find it..in one of his books...on Farm Seats...
Friend, Lynn... thought it could be off of an Early Hay Rake...
I...kind of thought that myself...
LOVE... LOVE.... LOVE IT!!!!!
 
 
It has a Heart.... for Heaven's Sake!
{Thanks...Markie... }
Sweet...Rooster!!!
I just want to....
 Squeeze Him!!!!!
: )
{It only took me a Blink... to figure what song...to put with this post...
Dottie West...
'Country Sunshine'
It truly is...
The 'Simply Iowa' Anthem....
I remember when it first came out....
I was a just...a little girl...
I'd sing it to Dad... as we'd bounce down the Dusty Iowa Back Roads...
in the Old...Ton...Flat Bed Ford....
The Windows...rolled down....
The Hot... Summer... Breeze... Blowing Through...
and...with it...
A Lot of Dust!!!
The Old Ford never had a radio...
so...I'd sing this...Over...and Over...
{oh dear... oh...dear...}
{sigh....}
: )
{Before this came out...It was John Denver....
'Take Me Home...
Country Roads'....
Over...and Over....
oh dear.. : ) }

No comments: