Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Lovely....
Day....
: )
I stopped...to... Lily.... Gaze....
Daylilies....
oh my...
Dwight, from Winds Reach Antiques, in Urbana, Iowa... hosted a Daylily Tour...
yesterday...
at His, and Ed's Beautiful... Farm... just West... of Urbana...{under the Water Tower}
Dwight has worked his tail off... and has An Amazing Variety...of Daylilies.... and Hosta....
It was such a Gift... to spend the afternoon...with them... and several others...who...equally...appreciate...
. 'The Garden'...
Dwight prepared lunch....for the group... It was Tasty!!!...{I want that Corn Bread Recipe!!!}
{I arrived...a bit late... so... enjoyed... the 'Fixens'...inside...their Awesome... Farmhouse... with Ed... we had a Lovely...visit...: ) }
I was Blown Away... by all of the Unusual Varieties of Daylilies...and Hosta...
they had Beautifully... Landscaped...throughout the Lawn....
I purchased a few... and... even with my 'Black Thumbs'...
I'm going to try... and get a 'bed' started...
: )
Check out their FB page...
'Winds Reach Antiques'
They also... do Over the Top...Antique Restoration...and saved countless pieces...
after the Flood... of '08...
Ed and Dwight have an Open Antique Shop...there, at their Home...
and do Antique Shows.... as well...
Since...I arrived a bit...late...
I...stayed... a bit... late...
: )
We had such a Great Time...
I Love... Visiting with these Boys....
Antiques... and Horses....
my Two... Favorite Subjects!
As I was getting ready... to head out... I asked them...if they had anything in the Shop...
I needed to see...
: )
They said... they had an...Old...Old... Pie Safe...
: )
Ed said...
"It's... 'Ruff '...."
: )
{It reminded me... of the time...long ago....
a Girl, stopped at The Rabbit Hole.....as I was working outside...
 she asked...
" Are you...Barb?"...
yes...I said...
"I was told... you buy Old Cupboards... Ken, from Kalona... sent me....
{Kalona Antique Company...Love It...Have Bought... Many...Wonderful...Old Darlings from
 Ken, and Brenda... over the Years!!!}
He said... your only 'criteria'... when buying an Old Cupboard is....
'Does It Stand? '
I stood there... for a moment...
and thought....
"HEY!!!"
but then...
re thought...
"Hmmmm... actually... for the right...'Old Soul'....
'Standing'.... is a 'Bonus'!!!!! Not... a Requirement! : ) "
{That Ken... : ) : ) : ) I called him on it...the next time...I went to visit! : ) : ) : )
He Cracks Me Up!!! }
The Girl...had an old cupboard... I don't remember...if I bought it...or not... but...
I'll never forget the conversation...: ) }
Ed and Dwight...also know... my... Cupboard... 'Criteria' ....Requirements....
: )
{I think...they were going to... use this...for parts...: ) tho...with their skill...could...make it 'whole'...again... }
I asked... How Much....?
They Said...
I said...
"SOLD!!!"
Look at the Early...hand dovetailed and champhored Drawer!!!!
All...Hand Punched....Tins!
and...
It Even...Stands!!!!
: ) : ) : )
oh dear...
It was a Great Day!
Love to Ya!
Barb C.
 
 
 
 
Dwight...even Greeted me with a Big Smile... tho...I was...a bit Tardy....
These next images.. are just a Thimbleful... of the varieties... Dwight has for sale...
They are... Stunning!
 
 
 
 
There was a Perfect Turnout of Folks... and...Everyone... had a Lovely Time!
Awww.... Ed...
We had such a nice visit.... Dwight has to Thump us... now and then...
we get chatting about Horses....
{Ed has Shown... Horses... for Years...}
and...sometimes.... it's difficult getting a word in, between our 'Horse Stories'....!!!
: )
Dwight...was showing off... His Amazing Tomato Plants!
Yowza!!!
Holy Snikes!!!!
Then...Ed...
Showing Off...his Amazing... Filly....
{Mama is peeking out of her stall....}
Wow!!!
She's just a Yearling...
what a Beauty!!!!
The 'Ruff'... Old Soul....
What can I say...?
I have a Hard Time... walking away... from these...Old...Old...Darlings...
no matter...
no...matter...
: )
Look at The Drawer Bottom!!!!
Sooooooo..... Awesome!!!!!
 
Late...last night... we lost power...
so... I sat at the Gnarly Old Harvest Table....
{that only me... and Harold could love...}
 {and Ed....from TX.}
by candlelight....
The only sound...in the house....
were the Old...Clocks...
who's pendulums... walked... back... forth.... sounding like rain...on the roof...
I looked up...at the Old Martin House...
and... it seemed...so....
Haunting....
oh...my....
a perfect end...
to a perfect...
day...
: )

No comments: