Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Barn...Diggin'... Good Folk...and...Dwight Yoakam's...Pants... : )


It was Toasty Out...yesterday....
Like today, yesterday, I was out early..in hopes to have a lot of my work done...
before... it began to Swelter...
That didn't happen....
I didn't get in...'til after 6 last night....
and...I got a little bit... fried....
Weed Pullin'... Concrete...Moving....
and...Watering...Everything....
Sweet Laurie, and her Hubby...Mark... brought a Load of Gnarliness...out....
Fun Stuff!
She comes and visits... once a year, or so.... and we...'Trade'....
They are such Gentle Spirits... it's always... Great... having them stop...
Then...after Business was done...
we went to lunch....
Mark asked...if I was going back...into the heat....
I said...no...I was done...'til Evening...
{it was so sultry.. we were sweating....standing still...}
when it cools off a bit...
But...when I pulled up.... at the Rabbit Hole....
I saw...a few things...I could get done.... quickly...
Those turned into.... more... and more....
'little...tasks'...
Then...the phone rang....
it was a Farmer, Neighbor....
said... if I could get to his Farm....
right away....
he had some things for me....
otherwise...
he was....
"BURNING"!!!!
Holy Snikes!
{Farmer's... don't mess around...when they're on a Mission to get a Job Done!}
Asked him to give me 15 minutes....
had a Load of Brush...on the Ford...
but...I was On My Way!!!!
he hesitated...
{ not liking the thought...I could tell...of even a 15 minute...wait.. oh dear...}
but agreed....
We had a Great Time...!
It was soooo Hot...
but...Fun...
He has a Wonderful Old Farm....
tho...he was in a Hurry.... earlier...
he took the time.. to take me through all of his...
Awesome
Barns....
I was so sweaty.... while diggin' up...in the Old Barn....
The Barn...Talc... {Dust}
stuck to me.... like Glue...
and...
I
Loved It....
: )
There is Nothing Better... than Rooting Through an Old Barn....
no matter....
then...
We visited... for at least...an hour...
I insisted... on paying him...for the Gnarliness...
{He Fought...for a while... but then... gave in...}
I wanted him...to understand... these Old Souls...and Fragments of....
Have Value...
'Worth'....
and... to think again... before striking...a match...to them....
By the time I got unloaded....
at home... I was... done...
I'm running out the door...now....
Gonna try... and stay out of the worst of the heat...today...
Stay Cool!
{remember... water...for the Critters.... }
Barb C.
{It was Great Seeing Carol...Bob...and Sweet Harley!!! : ) }
 
 
 
 
Dusty... Victorian.... Fragments...
from...
The Barn...

This is one of the Treasures, Laurie brought....yesterday...
Love it!
A Victorian... Match Safe....
Laurie also brought a sack full of tin letters and stars....
She said...if I used a star, for an 'o' I could spell 'corn'!
LOVE IT!!!!
I moved concrete urns... and statuary....yesterday....
I had holes... here and there...
and... some... new arrivals... needed...a place to land...
Seems... ya can't move...just one thing...
It's like a domino effect...
ya move one....piece...ya move...
20...
oh dear...
 
Woke up this Morn.... to hear the Weather Gal.... remind....
"The Days are Getting Shorter"....
ARRRRRG!!!!
{I started back...on my diet....the other day...
Lord...I battle.... weight... have my entire life...
and...I have really... screwed up...this year...
again...
It's been a tuff year....
Rain...Rain...Rain...Dark...Dark...Dark...
Stress...Stress...Stress...
and...More...
Stress...
The Fact...of the Matter is...
I LOVE Food!
Rich... Over the Top.... Food....
I'm working on my Bucket List...
1. Letting my hair...grow long enough...to sit on it...
{I have had it that length...only...when I was 9.
I have had it so short... it stood on end....
Folks thought I was a Guy.... when they followed me...in the truck...
and were Shocked...when they saw me up close...
Every color... from Jet Black...to Strawberry Blond....
{It's...Red...Red... now... : ) Red... }
Nothing is ever...in the Middle...
It's always...an Extreme....in my Crazy...Life... }
2. Quit Smoking... {so far...so good..}
3. Get into Dwight Yoakam's Pants.... {Jeans! }
{I have always Loved Dwight Yoakam....
since the 80's.....
and...his... Jeans.... }
When I posted this on FB last night...
I was met with Hysterical Laughter...
{love it... that's the Best Incentive...for me... : ) }
It'll take me a year... I thought...
figured...he was about a 30 inch waist....
{I used to wear a 30W X 36L}
{I have worn... Women's... sizes...5 to 20...
throughout my life...at different times....
yes...
I am... a Yo - Yo...}
ahhh...
nope...
Dwight...in the above video...is wearing a
28....inch waist...
{Holy Snikes!!! }
so...Christmas....2014....
That...is where I want to be....
Then...
Bring on The Garlic Mashed Potatoes...
and Beef Bourbon....
Gravy...}
watch the video...
you'll get a good...laugh...
: )
{Love the ad... about 'Weight Loss Surgery'...
that is on the video...: )
That...isn't in my budget....
dang....: )
It's gonna take...
PURE WILLPOWER!!!
oh dear....
oh...dear...
: ) }
 
 
 

No comments: