Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Iowa Farmhouse Style...My new Blog....Check it out!

While doing Gold Rush, I visited with many women, who were hunting for certain things...I would ask, "how do you decorate? What 'look' are you reaching for?"...all of their replies were this..."well.. I don't know... it has to be old... or...really unusual... have 'real' old paint, or grunge, be worn, and well used, with wear...I also like to use pretty stemware, and pretty dishes"...I started thinking, and replied, to each of them.."The look you would find, visiting your Great, Great Grandmother's Farmhouse?"...A bulb went on, on everyone of their faces...throughout the entire weekend... I have used this term, for years, "A Blend of Early Iowa Farmhouse and Garden Style Decor, with a Touch of Romance", on my cards...This is my passion... Great Grandmothers Farmhouse...a mix of cherished treasures, she had gathered over her lifetime... This is what brings me home... my soul, to rest...I'm seriously thinking of writing a book, about it...Or... maybe, just a blog, about it... It's the way I have decorated, since I moved out, on my own, when I was 15.... I took all of the family photos, that Mom had stuffed in boxes, from the early 1900's, and started decorating around my vintage, sepia toned, farm family...There is something about old photo's...they can almost draw you right into them... I think my 'bulb' went off too....listening to everyone... I am inspired.... I'll keep ya posted! {iowa farmhouse style} if you go to my profile, you'll find my other blog, listed with simply iowa.... Barb C.

5 comments:

Gatherings said...

any pictures of treasures

Kay said...

YES!!! LOVE that style, but then, I DO live in an old Neb. Farmhouse (1911 is the "new"-old part). I have "Grandma's" things about (both dh's and my grams) and photos and quilts and kitchen things and furniture. Not much chippy as dFarmer doesn't go for that look, but I plan on a little more finding it's way inside.

As soon as I see you are going to be home for longer than a few hours, I'm kid-napping my BFF and we'll be "over the Mighty Mo" to your shop.
Still wishing for some photos of it... if it's anything like your booth, it's all me!!

Betty G said...

Oh I love the concept! I can't wait to see what you are going to do!!!!! Sounds wonderful!!!Luv~Betty

Shelley Haganman said...

Can't wait to see what you do!! I love your style!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Do you mind if I ask what your source is for this information?