Monday, August 30, 2010

Fall Harvest Sale...Around the Corner... oh my!

here's Dale...scoping out the treasures! This is a beautiful, blue and white coverlet...dated 1849...signed by the weaver, and to whom it was woven... it doesn't get better than this.... This is a lovely, late 1800's coverlet... It has Deer, on each corner... and wonderful Houses, around the edge... Perfect for Fall, and Christmas! This coverlet, is my favorite...Nope...No date... but it's so tightly woven... in red and green wool......It's heavy...and... very soulful...It's condition is amazing.... I would guess it dates from the mid 1800's... Love it.... This is the dated corner, of the blue and white coverlet...above... I love "Woved By".... The other corner is better... leave it to me, to pick the gnarly one! More butter molds...{this is a Strawberry...the lower image, is Cherries!}and wooden ware... It was a 'Country Week'! This is an early wooden form... to press a design on pastry... It is wonderful... Dale bought this great old hooked rug, at an auction, yesterday! I had to have it... Perfect for Christmas! I bought this little single drawered stand from him, too... Love It! Oh Baby... Talk about Romance... Whew! I Love this Look! Old Wooden Spoons... Nothing says 'Farmhouse', like a collection of Old Wooden Spoons, next to the Old Cook Stove...{well... maybe the scent of fresh cut dill, in the kitchen, and the old screen door slammin' at your behind!}
Where did the Summer go?....Where did the Year go?....
For the first time... in a very long time, I don't feel like I'm behind the Eight Ball... I've kinda...got it together... well... kinda! For so many years... seems there's always been some sort of 'drama', being thrown in my path... like a handful of tacks, under my bare feet...while trying to focus on the Sale... But... not this time... {I'm knocking on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder, and keeping the Bible close at hand....} I worked in the shop, yesterday...Dale popped in, and Linda M., it was good seeing them...also, Ken and Brenda,{ Kalona Antique Company, Kalona, Iowa} drove up to take a peek at the Beautiful Walnut Wardrobe....I love their stores... I always find the coolest stuff there... Linda and Dale were kind enough to help me carry in some of the gatherings I'd harvested last week.... Dale was disappointed in me...when he helps me lug, we usually spar, back and forth...when he pinched my fingers in the green house door... I didn't even yell at him... I must be coming down with something...{he was in shock!}
I've been getting many calls, concerning the sale... It's posted on the sidebar, under calendar of events...September 30th, October 1, 2, and 3.....8 a.m. til Dusk, daily! Feel free to call... I love to talk...oh my...
Peg is here, and we'll be hooking up, later today.... Can't wait! We have plans to go runnin', Tuesday, and Wednesday! Ya Hoo!
Hope Ya have the most Amazing Monday!
Barb C.

5 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Love the blue coverlet, the oh yes the stand that says romance, spoons & the grain scoop,
Really nice finds!
Glad to hear it was a successful trip!
Til next time take care
Teresa

The Tattered Cottage said...

Simply gorgeous treasures!! I love EVERYTHING you found! Especially the coverlets....beautiful! And the hooked rug......sigh.
Toni

Amy N said...

So glad to hear Peg is well enough for an outing with you!!! Have Fun
I hope to catch up with you later in the week...maybe Thursday

summersundays-jw said...

Peg must be feeling better. So glad everything is going smoothly. We'll see you in a few weeks. Jan

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oh my, that single drawer stand is wonderful. It would be perfect to display some of my smaller quilting projects and fabrics on. Wonderful treasures, every single one!