Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Can You See It... Amazing Quilting... Who Could Walk Away... {not me...}

You all know... I have an illness.... yes, a dreadful illness... when it comes to quilts... I was in one of my favorite 'haunts', today... and I was literally, dragged, to the area where this amazingly quilted wonder, was hiding....I simply, could not leave, without it... I wish I had a great camera... and could somehow, show you, the Soul, in this Old, Old Quilt.... It is worn... even the tag, the previous owner had on this beauty, said, 'worn', on it... All the better... it was loved, and kept someone warm... it is a 'workhorse', too... Bless it... I know... I say this, all of the time..."If it never sells, well, so be it, guess I'll have to keep it myself.".. how sad...{what ever!} If you knew me, you would know, I truly mean it... I only buy things I love, but... offer them for sale...{and, always, try to keep my prices very fair... just cause I love it, doesn't mean, it's worth a Mil... I want others to be able to enjoy, this wonderful, old stuff... and not have to be a 'Brain Surgeon', to do it...} {it's all about staying alive, and putting wonderful, soulful treasures, into the hands, they were always meant to rest in...however...if, they linger...well... maybe... it's my hands, they were meant to find... there is always love, and respect, waiting for them, here...I truly don't use this, as a 'sales tactic'... Oh My... If it were 'all' about money... well, I would have quit, a long, long time ago... as my old friend, Deb, said, during one of my Sales...."You are all Crazy! This is way too much work...and not near enough Money!!!" {then she stomped away...} I stood there, smiling... and shook my head...watching her ... { She was a 'Corporate' Gal...} and my reply... "well hell... tell me somethin' I don't know"} Back to the Quilt...It is wonderful...Stop by, and check it out for yourself.... It'll sing to ya! Barb C.

1 comment:

Betty G said...

What a lovely quilt! And yes-those worn ones are so soft and snuggly-just waiting for a cold night of comfort.:) Luv~Betty