Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Snippets, of The Rabbit Hole...today.


Bounced...all over The Rabbit Hole, today.
It's 'Insane'...there.
: )
<3

{not Near...as Insane, as the 'real' world.}


There are Stacks, and Stacks.
Under one 'stack'...found an 'Artifact'...from a long ago...display.
Perfectly Preserved.
<3
Made me smile.
: )
{Those...wonderful...old, old....gnarly scissors are Quite Large}
Rusty...
insane.
: )

I'm drawn to old...scissors.
They remind me of Mom.
<3

Mom, was a Seamstress.
She could Sew...like none other.
<3
Mom, made all of our clothes...Wedding Gowns, for Many....too.
Mom reupholstered furniture.
She, was Beyond...Talented.
<3

Mom worked at Killian's Department Store, in Cedar Rapids, in their Drapery Workroom.
She made Custom Drapes, for some very Elite...homes.

I...never inherited that gene.
; )
{but...By God...I Can, Load a Truck!!! : ) }

The Best....'sewing' I can do...is with a needle and thread.
I'll have No Part...of a Sewing Machine!
; )
{or...a Dishwasher. Never have...Never, will.
Some of my best 'Thinkin' Times'...were, and are... when Everyone left me alone at the kitchen sink.}
: )

Every time I look at Good, Old...Wiss Scissors, and Pinking Shears...I think of Mom.
<3
 especially...
The Time...Mom caught me cutting 'paper', with her Sewing Scissors.
HOLY SMOKES!!!
{I...didn't Do 'That'...twice. Yikes!!! <3 }
: )

There's a corner...down The Rabbit Hole, that's always Full...of Vintage 'Sewing'.
<3
That's for my Mom.
<3





Truly...enjoyed working there...today.
Have Miles to Go, there...still.
Looking forward to 'them'.
<3


Restrung the burned out lights, in two of the Big...Old Cupboards.
Have to re-set them all, as well.
It was quite a task...just twisting light bulbs, in Chandeliers...today.
Lots of Ladder Climbin'. 
oh my.
There are...Many, Many....Chandeliers, and Lamps.
oh my.

; )

There are Many...Many, that need to be brought to The Rabbit Hole.
Many.
oh my.
; )

One Day...at a Time.
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: