Friday, June 27, 2014

oh my...... {sigh....} We Got 'er.... Done.

Brandon and I...unloaded the FUSO... this Morn....
Liz...is on her way to Nashville, for a Wedding....
Nick, was supposed to bring Our Darling...Scarlett....out...to the house...this Morn... but was sick....
So...
Katie picked up...Scarlett.... and Brandon and I...headed back to Davenport...to load...the remainder... and clean the building...
Brandon and I.... Loaded the FUSO... tight....
then.... filled the Monster Dumpster....
It was nearly 7... before we hit the road...to come home...
We were Beat.
It was so hot.... no air...in the FUSO....
but...the wind... through the windows... was a Huge... Gift.
We got about 35 miles from home....
on the Interstate.... and all Hell broke loose....
I was runnin' 70... and huge chunks of rubber.... were flying ahead of us....banging on the bottom of the big truck.... and in front of us.....
we Blew...an inside...rear dual....
oh my....
I got pulled over.... and took a peek....
oh my....
the steel cords... were sticking out...every direction... on the now... skinned...flat....tire......
I decided to limp it home.... or attempt to....
All the way... Praying... those steel cords...wouldn't compromise the tire next to it....
and...Praying...the tire next to it...could stand the Load....
{all the way... I was trying to calculate... exactly...how...'Much'... weight...
 was Riding...on that...Lone...Surviving... Old... Tire....
 {oh....my...... }
if not.....
we'd be up the Creek....
There is no way... I can change those tires... it would require Heavy....Equipment....
45 mph... on a busy... Interstate... isn't my preferred way of travel....
I had the flashers on...but...still... it was a long... Hot... Nerve Racking  ride home....
I was so....glad...Miss. Scarlett was with Justin and Katie....
oh my....
We made it home..... safe...and mostly sound... : )
The Hanger...is Clean...
I...am... D O N E.
: )
I bailed in Jethro... when I got home...to pick up.... Miss. Scarlett.....
 Scarlett is going to be staying a couple nights.... with me...
She Loves...watching her cartoons....
Our DISH... was down.... when we got home...
so... spent a half hour... on the phone with them....
oh my...
It's fixed....
Scarlett is eating a snack... in Grandma's Bed... : )
and I... am... sipping a glass of Beer.
{John and I...only drink Beer.... oh a Hot Day.... when the Beer... is Ice Cold. : ) }
Cheers...
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{Poor Brandon... was an 'Uneasy Rider'... on this trip.... : ) oh my.... He's not used... to this Kind... of 'Journey'... {he grabbed the dash... more than Once... on this.. 'trip'... : ) }

No comments: