Sunday, March 31, 2013

Visiting...an...Old....Old...Friend....down...a Long...and Winding Road....

Took....my Easter Sunday Stroll...
to...visit...
an Old...Friend...
{If you are searching for The Garden Party.... Scroll...down...
and...I'll have more images... tomorrow...for the Event... : ) }
We had a Lovely...Easter...
it...Truly...was...: )
After...the Kids...left...
I bailed...in Jethro...
for a 40 mile...jaunt...
Back...to the Home...
where I enjoyed... my Most....Favorite....Easter...
as a Child...
it was the day...we moved into the Old Farm....
Near... Keystone, Iowa...
Today was a Windy....Blustery...day...
yet...the Sun...was shinning... and...it was Beautiful...
looking...out...from...inside...
Somehow... I am called...back...every Easter....
I realized...this afternoon...
I missed...our 'visit'...last year...
It was so...Beautiful....we Celebrated Easter Sunday...
outside...
 time got away....
so...I didn't make...my little..
'Journey'...
Seems...the Old Place...knew it...
as...did I...
When I turned...West... to make the last... mile...
I Opened Jethro...up...Full Throttle...
Wide...Open...
I couldn't...get...to the Old...Driveway...Fast Enough.....
where...so many times...the Old House... welcomed...us...
Home...
Yes...
like Steel...to a Magnet...
Jethro...and I were pulled...in...
The Old...House...is long...gone...
but...as I sat... across...the Old...Gravel Road....
at the drive...
I could see...Everything... Just...as it was...
You...may see nothing...but a Field...
but...oh my...
I see... a Big...Beautiful...Old...Farm House...
So Happy...to have an Easter...Guest...
like it did...more than 40 years ago....
on that Beautiful...Warm... Mid...April.... Day...
With all of the Kids...running....barefooted....
 Laughing....
Daffodils... and Tulips...
 Everywhere!
Mom...frying...Chicken...
yes...I could see it... as plain...as day....
The Barn... just...down...the hill....
and the Chicken House...
off to the South...
The Ponies...grazing...in the yard....
When...I backed...away...
Something...stopped me....
it was like... something...was asking...me...to
Please...stay...
I had to...sit...just a bit...longer...
I don't recall.... ever having...such...detailed and...vivid...
Memories...
I...truly...could see it...as it stood...
I felt...as tho... I could... walk...right in....
I swear...I could hear...Children...laughing...
what...a Gift....
Below... is an image...from an Old...Old...Book...that has...
nearly...the exact...house....pictured....
another...Gift...
as...I have no...images...of The Old...Farm House...
guess... I thought...it would always...always...be there...
Guess...it will be... in my mind....heart...and soul...
Hope...you had a Lovely...Easter...
Filled...with... Love...
Barb C.
{This...song...is so...perfect...
it's a Beatles... tune...
but...this...Little Girl...
reminds...me....of another...little girl....
and...I think...if...she could sing...a song...for...the Old...Homestead...
it...would be...this... : )
It's hard...to believe... I only...lived there...a little over...a year...
yet...
it left such...an Impression...on my Heart...
I have been...coming here... every Easter...Sunday... since... I could drive myself...
 I was 7...when we lived here....
 12... when...I came back....
{was supposed to be feeding...livestock....
 but...took long...detours...on Easter...Sundays...: )}
and most...every year...since...
The...Long...and Winding...Road...
I call it...
'The...Journey'... : ) 
Mom and Dad...rented...this Wonderful...Farm House...
and Ground...for 40.00 a month...
and...couldn't afford it...
It was offered...for sale...to them...
{7 acres...with Buildings...for...7,000 dollars... }
they...couldn't do it....
I heard...Dad's...voice...on my drive...to 'visit'....today....
 "It's...too far...from Cedar Rapids..."
{about...40 miles...}
With...Dad's...Old Trucks...
40 miles...was like...200 today....
I...know...they couldn't...swing it....
Shoot...they couldn't afford...to heat it....
That's...the Way...it was...
It was...one...of the Happiest days...of my life....
when we moved there....
{my Folks...were...'Together'...again...}
and...the Saddest....when... driving away...with...Mom...
I was looking out the Back Glass... of our Old...Car....
Seeing.... my...Beloved...
'Home'...
slipping...out of...view...
and...
my...Beloved...Dad...
as well...
yes...
The...Journey...
It Is...What It Is....
 
 
 
 
Yes...to everyone else...
it's a Field...
oh...but Jethro...and I...saw...Much...Much...More....

1 comment:

Rita C at Panoply said...

Thanks for sharing. I dreamt of my mother last night...she was the age she was when she died, 87....usually I see her in her 60s when I dream of her, which hasn't been that often in the last 6 years. Coincidence that I would dream of her on the night we celebrate His rebirth? After reading your post, I'd like to think it's no coincidence. Love the music you put with all your posts.
And, btw, you are a BEAST of a woman with all the work you've been doing! It's amazing!
Warm wishes from WV,
Rita