Thursday, March 7, 2013

Still...Strolling...through...The Garden...

I got to thinking...as I walked through the kitchen...
this Morn...
about me...saving...Flowers...
and...at a Glance...Walking...through the Gardens...of my life...
when...I look at them...
and...recalled... my Most...Favorite...Old Cook Books...
that... also... have Gardens... throughout them...
Someone...Else's...Garden....
That...must have meant...the very same...to them....
oh...my....
: )
Have...a Most...Lovely...Stroll...
through...The Garden...today...
I think...we all... have one...
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{ If you don't... you really...need to start one....
It's Quite...Lovely...
This time...of year...: ) }
{I posted a short video...of The Old...Kitchen Clock....above...hit the arrow...
he'll...say..."Mornin'" to ya...: ) }

This...Old Cupboard...sits in The Kitchen...
a Work Horse!!!
The Old Kitchen Clock...hangs...above it...
{So many Folks...ask....what the noise is...while I'm on the phone...}
It's this Old Clock...
Making His...Presence...Known...
{it's...just over my shoulder......as I do my Computer work...you can just...see the base of it... in this image...}
{I have...dozens...of Old Clocks...running...throughout the house...they each...have their own...'voice'...
It's such a soothing sound...
kind of like...a Gentle...Rain...on a Tin...Roof...I can't Imagine...the House...without...their...Happy Little...Chattering!
John winds them...Every Sunday... : ) I wind...the 30 hour, ones....every day...
Love...'em...}
The Little Cupboard...holds the Only...Cook Books...I ever refer to...
I have many...more...that...I don't need....: (
These all date...from before 1900...
It also...holds...loose Flower Seeds...I have gathered...
Change...Spices...Jewelry....Cookie Cutters...Hot Pads...Notes...from Friends...and Loved Ones...Wine Corks..and....The Gnarliest...OLD...Old...
Copper Tea Kettle...I have ever...seen...: )
etc...etc...etc...
Don't know...What...we would do...Without It!
The Old Cook Books... I have saved...forever... are so...tattered...and worn...
{as any...'Good'...Cook Book...Should Be!}
 
In one of the Oldest...{Published in 1880...} Is a Darling...cut out...of  Baby Ruth's...hand...
oh my...
This one...is my Favorite...I have cooked many recipes...from it...and they were All...Great!
Seems...I'm not the only one...who 'Walks...through The Garden'... in my Mind...
In so...many...Old...Old...Books... I find these...Amazing Samples...of 'Memories'...
Love...that....
I understand...the Person...who...did...this...
I Truly...do...: )
Throughout...this 1890's Cook Book....are images...
of Girls...having a lot of Fun....
I wonder...if they are Sisters...or...Best Buds...
I don't know... but...I think...they sure... were enjoying 'Life'...back...in The Day....
Love...these....
"Rich Bride-Cake"... "Queen Cake" and...of course...
"Lady Fingers"...
{reminds me of Alice in Wonderland...: ) }
Maybe...I should Whip These Up...
For...The Garden Party!!!
{don't forget...April 5th, 6th...and 7th!}
I pulled this...Old Spoon...from the the 'Spoon Jar'...again...this Morn...
I took a harder look...at it....
{I have...a Zillion....Spoons....to pull this one...twice...in so little time...said...it wanted me...to learn a little more...about it...}
So...I researched it... a bit...
It says...'ZANOL'...on the back....
and...the dates...on the front...are actually...1907 - 1931
I had misread them...before...: )
Turns out...ZANOL...was a company...founded in 1907...in Cincinnati...OH.,
One of the first...of it's kind...to have Women...selling Perfumes...and Toiletries...Door...to Door!
How...Cool...Is That!
Guess...it's found the right...hand...! {no...'Pun' intended...as I stir my Brew...with it...this Morn!}
Thought...I should share this..with ya...
I Learned...Something...today!!!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love love these wonderful treasures. And I adore old cookbooks too! Wish I had the time to just try them out and cook up a storm! The little Ruth hand is adorable. Reminds me of my sweet Aunt Ruthie who went to heaven recently. What a sweetheart! I miss her so! Love to you~Betty xoxoxox

Simply Iowa said...

Love you too...
Miss. Betty!
Great...to hear from ya...
: ) : ) : )
Barb C.