Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm Back...

What a weekend! I was running late, Thursday, loading, and forgetting a lot! Of course I didn't realize I had forgotten anything, until I was too far away to turn back! We are allowed to unload Thursday eve, from 4 til 8, arriving at 7, with 3 big trucks, this seems hopeless, unless two wonderful people wonder in, and ask if you need a hand! We had all three trucks unloaded in an hour and a few minutes...impressive...no, a miracle! It took us all of the day, Friday, to get the booth set, I truly could not have done it without Liz... Customers get into the show on Friday, {set up day} so, you set, and sell. It can be a little crazy! The Show was o.k., but not fab, like August. { we got spoiled in August!} I think 'Junk Bonanza', in the Twin Cities, was a huge factor, it is a wonderful show, and many of my customers are vendors there. You can't be two places at once! { check out 'Fern Hill', Steph set up at J.B., and you will see how wonderful it was!} Many of my customers filled me in on that show, and said that there were several Fall Festivals in the immediate area, that always shrinks the crowd. The booth went together very well, I love Fall... Loads of pumpkins and straw!{ my friend, Dale F., was kind enough to bring a bale of straw from his farm, and it was really cool!} We had straw hanging from the rafters! All over the floor, all over us! I had neighbors, on our little Island, dragging pieces of straw back to the booth, from the other side of the building, that had gotten tracked in their booth! {it was pretty funny...} We had our usual 'Saturday Night at Michaels' treat! Sweet Sarah, Colleen, and Gayle joined us! We had a Marvelous time! The place was packed, but they always seem to get us right in, and keep the Margaritas flowing! The food is the best, anywhere! If you ever get to Rochester, Minnesota, you MUST dine at this Fabulous, Over the Top, Family owned Restaurant! { it looks expensive, but it doesn't cost any more than a 'chain' steak house, really! The atmosphere is unbelievable! The service is the very best, they treat you like a Queen, if your in your grubbies, like yours truly, or a Evening Gown!} I had so many wonderful comments, about the booth. People that were just walking by, stopped, popped their heads in, and told us how much they loved it. That means soo much. They may not be into our kind of stuff, but they made the effort to comment. I thought about that on the way home, how much a kind word does for your spirit... We sold several cupboards, show cases, brown transferware, vintage textiles, early glass, wooden trunks, galvanized pails, gnarly wire baskets, mirrors, vintage hardware, and lots of 'dibby dabbies'. I bought some cool stuff for the 'Fall Harvest Sale', here at home, I'm really pumped for this sale, my foot was tapping all the way home, wishing I was tearing into it, instead of driving! I have some great Ideas for the Store, but with only a week and a half, I'd better get crackin'! 'til next time, Barb C.

2 comments:

Betty G said...

I am glad you're back! It looks like you had a fabulous time! Love the pix!

Lori R. said...

Glad all was fun on the road... 3 trucks, really, wow!!! I can't imagine loading and unloading and then loading again to come home. You must have muscles and much more stamina than I could dream of. Yesterday my dear hubby and I passed through Fairfax, going to CRapids for a daughter visit. We had stopped in Amana and visited where Sweet Repose, Sharon has her stuff. See you the 3rd!! can't wait to meet ya!!