Thursday, September 24, 2009

Well...

The day started out GREAT! I was getting a lot done, for an hour, or so... then the phone rang... You know, there are only a couple of words that could pull me away, from a determined mind set, and one of them is 'HELP', from anyone needing it, or, you guessed it, 'CUPBOARD'... Well, thankfully, it was the later of the two... 300 miles, 9 hours, and 3 great loads of cool antique treasures later {including an awesome old, old Cupboard} I was home, collapsed in the recliner, were I slept...The Fun Never Ends... My friend, Cindy H. called, and said she had the coolest old cupboard, strait out of the original old house, {1870's} in Monticello, Iowa... I made tracks, headed there, to see her and Pete, her hubby. They always find the neatest stuff, and have me pegged, on my likes! Then I had received another call, from my friends, Linda and Larry, {Painted Pony Antiques} they had a bunch of stuff, they were cleaning out, along with a wonderful old Wooden Pump, I've had a few over the years, and was happy to buy this one! Perfect for a Fall Sale! We get everything loaded, I'm headed home, and, well, I need to throw that phone away, at least during sale time... My friend, Charlie, from Southern Iowa, was on the other end... "Hey Barb, I went to an auction this week, got in a bunch of old stuff, and, oh yea, an old cupboard".... Am I being tested, or what? I put the Little Ford in Overdrive, headed home, John helped me un-load, then I headed South... Charlie and I dug through the barns, loaded and loaded, visited and visited, until flash lights and headlights were required, then 90 miles home... The back green house, well, the signs still up... I was thinking about that, as I was cruisin' down the hi-way... If I were going to a sale, what would I rather see, a shop all displayed out, clean and cool, or, lots of gnarly old stuff, piled everywhere, that you have to dig for, and get a little grubby doing it......Well... 'til next time, Barb C.

3 comments:

pollyanns said...

I'll take the grungy, gnarly, grubby stuff any day!

Anita said...

we'll dig :)

summersundays-jw said...

Hey, I go for the grubby and gnarly too. Jan