Monday, September 27, 2010

Whew! What a Day... What Can I Say....

Here's Nicky... He loves the old Fainting Couch, that we bought from the Farmhouse.... The Gentleman, we bought it from, said he used to sleep on it, at his Grandmother's Farm { Their Family Farm}.... She would put a soft, feather tick, on it, and he loved it.... Nicky agrees...
Any questions.... do we Love our Hounds.... Here's John, and Nicky.... oh my....and by the way... they Love us, too... The Beautiful Old Wardrobe, was Filled with Darling Ladies Hats! Here's Peg, Steph, {stephanie brandenberg studios} and her Darling Daughter, Nichole.... all trying some on....I was even wearing a cool hat, with Daisies... Steph said I looked like a '60's, 'Flower Child'...{Peace, Baby...} oh my....{John was even strutting around with a cool, Fedora, ...oh dear.... I Just want to Jump on that Bed!!!! The King....
Oh my... This Amazing, 'Knock Down' Oak Wardrobe, makes you just want to 'Bow'... upon approach... All I can say is... It is Very Impressive... It, as well as all of it's Kin, of the late 1800's Iowa Farmhouse Furniture, retains {after a little tender loving care, this afternoon...} it's Stunning, original Surfaces..... Nothing has been Skinned... It Speaks Loud and Clear... of all of the decades, it has enjoyed.... Gorgeous...
{ a 'Knock Down', comes completely apart, with ease.... and can easily be put in any room...up or down any narrow staircase.... a Dream!}
I sold the Beautiful Walnut Knock Down Wardrobe, at Gold Rush... The new owners LOVED IT!!!! They are an Amazing piece of furniture!...} {poor Peg, was my Vanna.... I had to have her show you, the incredible stature of these Beauties... she's The Sweetest Model... even better that Vanna!} This Wonderful, Old Oak Princess, is one that all of us are drawn to... Everyone here, absolutely Loves it... all, for totally different reasons... It Just Seems to Speak, Every one's Language...
I have caught myself, over and over today, referring to the Amazing 'Crowns', {They are most, always, long gone} an old term.... 'Bonnets'... They used to call furniture's Pegged in, fancy, applied tops, or, 'Crowns'..... 'Bonnets'... I have always thought that sounded strange... until today... These Old Cupboards, don't have 'Crowns'... They are Most definitely Adorned With Their Original Bonnets... and wear them, so very Proudly... This is the Old Stepback Cupboard, that came from the Millersburg Farm.... It is Beautiful... and solid as a rock... It still has all of it's wonderful Original Surface... It truly Sings! This is a Lovely Oak Bed, {matching Dresser, below} with the Most inviting Feather Beds, on top... just begging me to jump in... oh my... Wonder how long, this old beauty has waited, to be slept upon.... I have a feeling, before the Sale is over... I may have to sneak a snooze.... ahhh.... Beautiful Dresser, and John's reflection, in the Mirror, looking in the 1900, Sears and Roebuck, seeing what the first owners paid, for all of these Beauties.... Tons of the Coolest Old, Old Fruit Jars... Last packed away, over 30 years ago... Oh my.... We started out Bright and Early.... Running Hard! Unloaded the Fuso, ran to the Bank... {only cash would do, for the Gentleman, we bought the Farmhouse Furniture from... I totally understand... This poor man had been Jerked around by some local dealers, that offered him, basically, nothing,{ little more than 10% of our offer} for these beautiful treasures.... shame on them... they are the type of Antique Dealers, that give us all a Bad name....I Shake my head...instead of offering, an insulting offer... just say "no thanks"... I don't get it...} {You won't either, when you see this, most Amazing group of Beauties!}
Oh my... We loaded and loaded, then cleaned, and spiffed... I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!{It was an Honor, to help it find it's Voice!} It is so awesome... I don't know, if it's all the history.... or, being in one family, for over a hundred years, on a Farm, near where my Dad, lived, and Brother, has lived most of his life, between Millersburg, and Williamsburg, Iowa...{Yep...south of 80...about 60 miles south of Cedar Rapids...} I don't know... but I so enjoyed giving it all a beauty treatment, and letting it SING!!! It all just seems to be Smiling, tonight.... Wish someone would buy it all, and keep it all together... It almost breaks my Heart, seeing it all separated, after all these years....
Time is ticking, fast... I spent the day, lost, in all this Farmhouse Furniture... and didn't get near enough done, on other things... Oh well...
Thanks to Peg, John, Mark, Carolyn A., and Maurina, for helping out... It was a Long Day... Our Butt's were kicked!
Tic Toc!
My Love to Ya...
Barb C.
{this is a thimble full... ah... really...a 'portion', of one tent...much more, tomorrow...}

3 comments:

House Things said...

Oh my god! I'm so excited for your sale! And that bed...It looks SO comfortable, I think it needs to be in my bedroom. See you Thursday.

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Exeptional pieces! You hit a cold mine!( or so I think) I love this type of furniture, the character, the craftsmanship. I bet they are heavy, a lot of work loading this stuff!The wardrobe & the bed I could bring home in a heart beat!
love the stuff!
Take care
Teresa

Betty G said...

Beautiful furniture! Amazing! I can see that these are indeed treasures. You are so sweet to those you buy from. I am sure the gentleman who owned these was very appreciative that you showed him the respect he deserved. God bless you, hon! You give those in your profession a good name! (((HUG))))Luv~Betty