Sunday, September 26, 2010

The 'Deal' is done....

And... The Race is On... Mark and I bought a Household, really, a time capsule, of furniture....
You want to see, 'Iowa Farmhouse Style'.... The 'Real' Farmhouse Style... oh dear... It will be at the Sale...{ Massive, Beautiful, straight from the Farm, Original Finish, Oak Wardrobes, and Cupboards, Ice Box, Iron Beds, Oak Beds, Dressers, Buffet's, Beautifully Stenciled Chick Incubators, Oak Tables, and Chairs, Gas Lighting Fixtures, the list could go on and on... all 'as found', and what one would purchase, when setting up a house, in the Late 1800's... I was blown away... I don't usually buy much Oak... but, I gotta tell ya... this group, really touched me, as soon as I laid eyes on it.... It has been saved, for over a hundred years, and stayed together, in one Family Home, all this time.... amazing...}
John, Peg, Mark and I are picking it up, first thing, in the Morn...... we are going to have to haul 'Fanny', to get everything done....
I'll have images, tomorrow...
My Love to Ya!
Barb C
{Vicky, I do have a very cool, old old... 2 door cupboard.... I think may fit the bill, for ya! Can't wait to see ya!}

4 comments:

vikki said...

~♥ THANX SWEETIE...KNEW YA WOULD HAVE A CUPBOARD FOR ME.. CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE ALL THE GOODIES! ANXIOUS TO TENDERLY PICK THRU YOUR LACES, JEWELS, BOOKS & LEDGERS, TOO...
SWEET ABOUT YOUR BITTERSWEET, BEEN GROWING MINE FOR YEARS & NEVER BERRIES, EITHER...SAID TO NEED MALE & FEMALE? TRIED BOTH & IS JUST STUBBORN...WONDER WHERE IT GITS THAT?
DO NOT WORK TOO HARD... I KNOW YA WILL!
HOW AMAZING TO FIND THE HOMESTEAD OF TREASURES. IT WILL BE IN GOOD HANDS OF LOVE WITH YOU...♥ SEE YA THURSDAY LORD WILLING ~ UNLESS U NEED HELP, JUST LEMME KNOW. LOVEYA WITH HUGS & BLESSINGS, VIKKI ♥~

Michelle said...

Sounds amazing, show us the picures, and please don't keep us waiting!! Have a blessed day..~Michelle

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Take tons of pics, can't wait to see some of the goody's.
It is amazing the oak stayed in the family!
Love to see it all!
take care!
Teresa

Amy N said...

WOW - I love treasure time capsules like that - can't wait to see everything!! I'll give you a call tomorrow or Wed about details of bringing my stuff in - Thanks