Wednesday, September 8, 2010

For Everything...There is a Season....

It's been quite the week... The weather has changed... the air...crisp... The sultry days, making their exit... there will be a few, yet, as Summer's reminder... but... Fall is making her way, to Iowa...
For everything, there is... a Season...
Our neighbor, Leone, passed away, on Monday.... She and Bob, have lived here, well over 30 years... longer than we have... They are good people.... I remember, when our little dogs were killed, a few years ago... Leone said such kind words... I also remember, when we had Geese, about 15 years ago... they would be like a clock, and make a full circle, throughout the day, and finally coming home, in the late afternoon... {Yes... they would visit Bob and Leone....} Leone called, and asked us, to please corral those Geese... So... I did... only to have them escape... The next time I saw Leone, she was standing at John's shop, with bread sacks, tied to her feet... I wanted to laugh...{ and did, later...it was a funny sight... I gotta tell ya!} But Leone was serious, and we did better at keeping them in...
Bob is lost.... They have been married over 60 years...
Then, my Pal, Lynn, called... His Father has been very ill... He passed away, on Monday, as well... Very sad... I know what it's like, to loose your Dad... and... I don't think it matters, how old you, or they, are... Loosing a parent... well...you are always their child... and no matter.... we always look up to them...
My Mom is perking along, in the Hospital... She seems to be doing a bit better... One day at a time... That's all we have... I normally stress, this time of year... Our taxes have went up, yet again...still catching up, from all of the bills... But... I find myself at peace... I know I'll make it happen... I don't want to waste another moment, sad, or worried... about things... that are so, out of my hands... Our life is so short...only a blink, really...So... for today... I'll be thankful, for what I have.... not worry, about what I have not... and let the Lord, carry us all...
My Prayers go out to Bob, and his family... Lynn, Leah, and their family, and all of those who are suffering, today...
I leave you, with God's promise...For Everything, there is a Season.... and I know, we will all be together again...in a place... where there is no sadness....
My Love to You...
Barb C.

3 comments:

Kim 'The Hillbilly' said...

Thank you for that post. I have just been fretting about how I'm going to pay property taxes with an unemployed husband... worked myself up into a tizzy today. You made me stop and think... and be thankful. Thank you.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Blessings to you Barb, and prayers for the loved ones left behind. You are so right, trusting in God is really the only way to move forward.
xo,
Debra

Betty G said...

God bless you Barb because He spoke through you today! What a blessing you truly are! Luv you~ Betty