Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Making Thank You's....

I started making Thank You visits, today....
I wanted to Thank The Fairfax State Bank.....oh my...tho, I ultimately didn't need them...they had my back, when I was at the end of my rope...in Nashville...
I didn't write about the entire journey....it was an incredible turn of events... as...it seems, my life is...always.... truly...a "Mad Hatter", dancing...in the Fire...
"Life" always seems to find me...and those who are too close... tend to get a little "singed"...
I stopped and Thanked, our wonderful Mechanic, Mark Neuhaus... who let us use his shop, to get the FUSO, ready...he didn't want any money...never does... I told him I'd arm wrestle him... if I lost I'd take the money back.... he kept the money...without a match....a good man...{wise...too...he may be stronger...but...I would have put my Heart into it...and when I do that...I'm hard to beat.... he is always...too kind....}
Then...met Steph...for a late Martini Lunch... we caught up... she is an amazing woman....
I have to Thank so many...for offering assistance, while I was crumbling, down in Nashville...I am always...so amazed, by the kindness, of Friends....
I was going to write it all out...in detail... but...it really doesn't matter....
It's the Prayers, that carried us through... from all of you...at home...and....in Nashville...The Opryland Hotel, took very good care of me....and, in the end...I was very blessed, by the misfortunes... They have Never let me down.... mistakes were made... I made the first one...by being forgetful...
It seemed for every blow, from the Angels swinging the 2x4's...something Great, would happen...
Wednesday, was the toughest...I was pretty much, under the table.... literally....under the Store Table...in the booth...I crawled into the corner, behind it, after receiving a call, that a dear friend, had just lost her Father.... I guess... that was the ultimate straw...I broke...
I was so determined to stay 'up'... whatever it takes... but equally determined, Angels... insisted on testing my strength...
Thursday, was a bit better... until...it wasn't...seems 'hope', was always just out of reach...
I pulled myself together, for Preview.... and the Flood Gates, Opened.... It was Wonderful....
Peg, and the Girls, were absolutely a God Send... They held the broken pieces together... and I kept working...I don't think anyone knew, except those close, how fragmented I was....
But...don't get me wrong.... it was truly a roller coaster... the 'Highs', where just as powerful, as the 'lows'! We all partied... Danced in the Opryland Lobby, at 2 in the Morn... rattled the walls of our room.... Had an Amazing Show....were surrounded by the Best of The Best, Antiques...and Angels...My Customers, were the Very Best!!!!{That Show...is Amazing...on so many levels...}
The Wonderful Couple, from Indiana, who bought the 1750's corner cupboard, that Peg and I delivered, invited us to stay over.... They asked us, not to share who, what and where... but...I gotta tell ya.... Waking up...in a Beautiful Rope Bed...in a Chateau...{their amazing guest house}larger than my house...a thousand feet, in the air... overlooking the most Beautiful Valley....surrounded by...the Best...of the Very Best...100% mid 1700's to mid 1800's Antiques... well...I gotta tell ya...I'm still stunned.... they have collected...for 45 years...She is a Writer...and has known some of the most Amazing People... the Stories were unforgettable...She was an amazing hostess... and treated us, so kind.... Peg and I wanted to stay, forever....I so wish I could have taken images... I would have Loved to share this, with you all...
I guess...in a way.... if you could have been with us, the entire week....you would see, how prayers work.... I was like the blow up clown...being punched down...over and over.... but... then... with every hit...something, even more powerful, the other way, a blessing, was handed to me...
What a ride.... a Crazy...Roller Coaster Ride....
I did a full third better, than I had needed.... still...after I pay the taxes, on 'Tara'...and get caught up... will leave us a little slim.... but... my Lord... what Blessings....
It was Great to see the Energy... and so many...that truly Cranked, at Heart... The Crowd was Over the Top!
I really mean it, when I say, make plans to attend, next year.... and go to the Preview.... it's worth every penny! Folks were so disappointed, at things that had sold the night before.... they missed a lot.... and, that ticket gets you in, all 3 days... and a wonderful buffet.... 65.00....
I have made decisions, on my Show Calender...I'll be posting some exciting additions, for this year...and...I'm thinking, of  a couple other events... as well...those...a little later....
It's 10:30... and I'm hitting it....
Thanks to all of you...for your prayers.... and...Everything...
My Deepest Appreciation...and Love...
Barb C.
Peg and I found the most wonderful Antique Shop, on the way home...we loaded the FUSO up...with very Fun Stuff!
Images, tomorrow!

5 comments:

Amy N said...

what a fun adventure (journey) it sounds like you had on the way home....I'd a been leading the search party if need be and trust me what I would bring would most certainly "hold a flame". Can't wait to see the pics of the new treasures....good thing there was room in the Fuso :)

Simply Iowa said...

I would expect no less, from you....Amy...
Oh my.... what Fun...
Get your Elixor Brewing... for next year....
Love to Ya!
Barb C.

Anonymous said...

I was bitterly disapointed -- although I thought your booth was great....... a trip that I made once --won't need to do it again....... I'll save my resources to go to Round Top.

I worry about you ---- and wonder if there are some medical resources to help with all of the ups and downs.


Take care of yourself ---- and happy spring

Barntiques said...

This show really caught my attention with all of the pre-show blogs. And now, the post blog photos and stories, makes me think next years show should be on my calendar! Love your stories! 143

Simply Iowa said...

Oh Anonymous....
{feel free to e-mail with your real name...}
I am PAINFULLY HONEST....{I don't post everything...You can't hardly stand the strain, of what I write...here... oh my... if I told ya...Everything... hmm... I'll save that...for the Book!}when it comes to my Blog....I forget folks actually read it... I work out my advertising...and wording,and thoughts for any writing I do...
My Blog is kind of my Diary...and...if...you don't think the up's and down's are justified... Come jump in the truck...for a week...{ain't no pill gonna cure these ills....}
My niece was telling me, years ago... how jealouse she was, I had horses...and I could drive, before I had my permit... Until I asked her to take just one of my calls, from an irate neighbor...when the Horses got out... She pretended to be me... She was smiling, as she started the conversation... then came the tears.... she had NEVER HAD A MAN SCREAM AT HER!!!! We were 14... I handled all of the business...The Good...Bad...{care and death, of the Animals} and the Ugly {Jack Ass's, that got off, screaming at a Girl}...The difference, between Ellen, and I... I smiled... and kept appologising...repaired damages..and fixed things...
My blog followers, are my close, unknown friends... You won't see, this fragile person, much...in public... {temper...maybe...ooohh 'disrespect!}}
Bless your Heart...Thanks for caring...
Sorry the Show didn't live up to what you had hoped...
I think Round Top, is a great choice, for you...
I'm glad you enjoyed our work...
and...I personally Thank You...for Attending!
{I can't afford health insurance... but... my little Hovering Angels, and my blog, always seem to be perfect therapy!}
Love...to Ya! and HAPPY SPRING!!!
Barb C.