Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Mid 1800's... Beauty. and... 'Let Them Eat Cake'.


Pal, Bill... and me, went Waaaaaay Out, in the Country, looking at an Estate Sale, today.
It's situated on a Farm... on long, and winding gravel roads.
: )
Load's of Stuff!!
oh... my.

Told Son, Justin's Friends... who are handling the Estate, we'd have to do some processing.
: )
Figure out which route would be the Best for them to go.
Have a Sale... there.
Divide up the contents, by category... sell them elsewhere.
There's Tools... Farm Collectibles, Household... Signs, Yard, and Garden... items.
Much... Miscellaneous.
Several Outbuildings with all Sort's of Things.
; )
We're gonna have to chew... on this one, a little.
: )

Bill brought a box of Dishes, he'd recently purchased from a Friend, with him, today, to show me.
Bill... knows, I have a Serious Weakness... for Early, {Mid 1800's }
Staffordshire, Romantic Staffordshire, Transferware... Ironstone, Tea Pots, Tea Cups... 
{Rabbit Hole... 'Stuff'. : ) }
Oh... 
dear.
: )


Oh....
dear.
: )



oh...
dear.
: ) 

As we set it all out, Bill, said...
"Some of it has chips... some things don't have lids... so, it is... what it is."
: )

Asked Bill...
" When we're 150, 175... wonder what we'll look like?
: )
Don't believe... we'll be as Pretty, and Useful... as These Beauties."
: )



Love it... when there are 'notes' on pieces.
<3


<3

Have many pieces, from Long Ago... with 'notes' attached.
: )
but, one of my Favorites... that I bought at an Auction, in Vinton, Iowa...
maybe, 30 year's ago...
is a piece of cake.
: )


A piece of Cake... that was Baked by Jossie Ammerman...
It took 'The Prize'... in The Year of 1897, at The County Fair, in Minnesota,
according....
 to
 It's Note.
<3 <3 <3
: )


Don't recall... what I had to pay for it.
Wasn't much.

Seems, I was the only one, at the auction who was Fascinated by...it.
: )
<3

Still... am.
: )
That must've been a Happy Day, for Jossie, at The County Fair.
: )
I've always wondered... what her recipe was.
: )

When I began this post, re-read... the earlier one, from today.
: )
Yes... I know the difference between 'board'... and, 'bored'.
: )
Usually catch some of my horrible grammar, around 3 a.m. 
It wakes me Up... out of a Dead Sleep.
?
Can't Catch Everything, these days.
: )
The 'punctuation'... missteps, I won't bother with.
: )
{There are Many... Many, I know.}
; )
Thanks, to Those... who read this blog, for not coming down hard on me, concerning my grammar, and punctuation. 
<3

'It Is... What It Is'.
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.


No comments: