Tuesday, September 5, 2023

At Ease.



Another... Hot Day.
: )
{Tomorrow... sounds much nicer.}

Pal, Bill... and me, are going to look at an Estate, this afternoon.
The Gentleman who passed away, was one of Son, Justin's Friends, and Neighbor.
I'd only met him... a couple of times.
He was a Very Nice Man.
: )

One of our meetings, I'd fixed a big meal, at Justin's.
Insisted that the Neighbor's who were visiting that day...
join us, too.
There was Plenty... of Food.
: )
Justin's Neighbor Men... are kinda like Mountain Men/Farmers.
: )
Ruff...and Tuff, but... so bashful, and well mannered, 'respectful'. 
: )
They all graciously declined my offer.

I fixed all of them plates of food, handed one to each Man, and said...
"Eat. I won't take 'No'... for an answer."
: )
They did.
: )

When it was time to head Home... the Gentleman, whose Home we're looking at today, stopped me, and said...
"Thank You, Ma'am... for making us dinner."
: )

I'll never forget that, as long as I live.
: )
I kinda felt like Aunt Bee, and Miss. Kitty, all rolled into one.
{Not too many Folks... call me, 'Ma'am'. }
: )



Justin 'J'... was in the house this morning doing his schoolwork, as he was leaving... 
we were both walking up the stairs.
I noticed one of the upstairs bedroom door's was open.
I Always Freak Out... when those doors, somehow... get opened.
John's Baby Cat, is NOT allowed in the bedrooms.
She does Naughty Things, when she get's inside bedrooms.
: (

Justin, and me... walked upstairs... I, closed the door.
Justin, for the First Time... ever, noticed the initials carved in the handrail of the Balcony.
: )
He said... "How did 'This'... Happen??" 
With Big Eyes!!!
: )
Hahahahahaha!!
I, said... "This old Balcony, used to be in an Opera House.
Kid's... back in the 1800's, and 1900's... would sit up on the Balcony... and carve their initials in it, during shows."
: )

Justin got a mischievous grin...on his face.
{Guess... we all tend to forget... 'Old' People, were All... Young, and a little mischievous, 
at One Time.}
: )

Told Justin... when his Grandpa, John... and I, were working on that Balcony...  told John, if... the carvings bothered him, I'd fill them all in.
John wouldn't Hear of It!!
; )
He Thought Those Initials... were So Cool, he carved ours into it, as well.
<3

<3



As we were coming down the stairs... the Victorian Hair Wreath...caught my eye.
I'd given it to Peg, many years ago.
She LOVED It!!
<3
Michael... gave it back to me... when he moved back to Iowa.
<3


Imagine... saving hair, then... fashioning it into Flowers, on tiny wire.
I could see why Peg... Loved it so.
She... was an Artist, and... noticed 'Detail'... in Everything.
Peg... understood, the incredible amount of Time, and Skill... it took to Create something like this.

Many people...today...
 think, people... back then... used the hair of deceased people, when they created these.
{The Artist's 'are' Long Gone... now.}
but...
Back in the 1800's... people saved their hair in 'Hair Receivers'.
They made all Sorts of Things... with hair.
Jewelry... Watch Fobs... 'Hair Art'.
: )

Peg collected Bird's Nests.
Often, Birds... use hair to make their nests.
We have a few, from around here... that has Scout's mane, and tail... hair in them.
<3






The memories... from FB, also... caught my eye, again... last night, and this morning.
Some things, never change.
: )

I'd add, to the last memory, the 'Special'... people, are not only the ones who you could talk to Forever, and never... be bored, but... the ones, who... you can sit with, and... never have to say a word to, and feel totally... at ease. 
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.



No comments: