Monday, September 4, 2023

Southern Iowa... Run.

Me and The Ford... were runnin' pretty strong, once we hit The Road...
South, yesterday.
: )
Grabbed a little Grub, for me... and Charlie, on the way.
Figured me and The Ford... would arrive about lunch time.
I know too well... during 'Sale Time'... there's never a good time to eat, 
often...we don't.
Knew... Charlie would be hungry.
; )

Hadn't planned on stopping at any Sales... on the way, but...
couldn't fly by Crawfordsville, without visiting some of my Favorite People.
Couldn't do it.
<3


These Folks... always have Such a Fun Sale, in Crawfordsville.
<3
So Enjoy taking The Garden Walk!!
It GROWS Bigger, Every... Year.
<3
{The Sweet little Concrete Bunny, is coming to The Rabbit Hole. <3}

They have pet Squirrels.
<3 <3 <3 


Amazing!!
{This... is just a Tiny... Snippet!! <3 }


Tiny... Snippet!!

Then... headed on to Bonnie's 'Pump in Path' Antiques, also in Crawfordsville, Iowa.
<3 <3 <3 
Bonnie, and her Son... Harpo, are The MOST Wonderful People!!
<3
: )
I've been stopping at Bonnie's for 25 years... or better.
This is also... a Tiny Snippet.
: )
They Always have Such GOOD Stuff!!
Always!!
 So Adore Them Both!!
Normally... I'd have visited a week ago.
They were gettin' kinda worried, when they hadn't seen me.
: (
Bonnie will be 94, in October.
<3
She Never Changes.
<3


Was Delighted... to see Bonnie had Home Grown Tomatoes, at her Sale.
One of her Awesome Neighbors, brought them.
Oh DEAR!!!
<3 <3 <3
: )
The Above... All, came Home... with me, and The Ford.
<3
; )


Then... Burned Rubber, on South... to Charlie's.
: )
His Barn Sale... is between 15, and 20 minutes 
South of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa...
{depending how 'Frisky'... The Ford is Feelin'. : ) }
on 218.

The above image... was taken in 2012, of Charlie.
This trip... I didn't get a picture of Charlie, except while he was WORKIN'!!!
Charlie... Never Changes, either.
: )


WOW!!!
Charlie's Been BUSY!!
Holy Smokes!!
: )


My 'Gift'... from Charlie.
<3
: )
I Tried to Pay Charlie... for His Whisk Broom 'Creation'.
He Wouldn't hear of It.
<3
They Looked So Cool... Hanging on his Barn... hated to see him take them down.
: (

Found Several... Gnarly... Old Things, at Charlie's.
Always, always... do.
: )
Spotted a Cool... Cast Iron Piece, {from the front end of an old Tractor}that I thought would make an interesting Stand, for something...
but, would have to get the top piece off.
Charlie... said, "No Problem!"
{It... Was, a 'Problem'!!}
It was SO Hot, I didn't want Charlie...to exert any Energy, in That Heat.
but...
Charlie grabbed his Big Maul Hammer, and Beat the Heck... out of it.
: (
To No Avail.
: (

{ Have Dad's Favorite Maul, Cutting Torch, Hoses... and Gauges.
 ; ) 
'Scrapper's Best Friends'
 <3
 They're all I wanted, when he passed away. {and some of his old flannel shirts. : ) }


Then.. Charlie... dragged it up to where his saw was...
and Cut Through That Steel!!
WOW!!!!
{Charlie...Is No Quitter!!}
: )
{That's a Real 'Scrapper' for Ya!! : ) }


It's always Fun... going through Charlie's Barns, and walking throughout his Farm.
: )
Reminds me of when I was a kid, Junkin'... with Dad.
<3

<3

Lookin' at Mountains... of Gnarliness, all I could think of, like Dad... Charlie, and Every Scrapper, I've ever known...
would think...
and,
thought...
"There's GOLD In Them Thar Hills'!!!
: ) : ) : ) 
One Man's Junk...
; )


When I saw the Old... Wardrobe, in one of Charlie's Barns...
It Stopped me.
The way the old wooden boxes were piled inside it, and... the, Gnarly...old, old... upturned chair,
Truly...
looked like a piece of Art.
: )

Charlie... has an Artist's... Eye.
: )
He's a Scrapper, but... he has an Eye, for what Shouldn't be Scrapped.
<3


Never know what might end up... at Charlie's.
: )
'Mortuary Table'.
oh... my.
: )


Charlie... asked me if I'd ever seen a 'Fairfax' Vacuum.
: )

My mind... raced, on how to 'Answer'... him.
: )
Just said...
"Maybe... I should buy it, take it to 'City Hall'... and see how it does... suckin' up BS."
; )

{Charlie... ROARED!! : ) : ) : ) }

Everyone... I visited... yesterday... asked how 'Things'... are going, with IDOT, and Fairfax.
: (
They've, sadly... watched this all unfold, year, after... year... too.
: (

Hate It!!
: (
Fairfax, and IDOT... shouldn't have ANY Part, of what should be, Used to Be...
Such Good Times.

Let them all know, we're Still... Fightin' The Fight...
; )
 then,
 Moved On.

It was So Great... Seeing The Southern Iowa Pals.
<3
May...God Bless Them All.
<3



It was after 7, when we Rolled in, at Home.
Hot...Hot... Hot, Day!!
Had Great Breeze's, throughout the day...
 had... the windows down, driving...
 but... the air, was like it was coming out of an oven.
July... August, and September... in Iowa, can be as Hot... as The South.
; )

Had a Load on The Ford... so, didn't push him too hard, coming Home.
: )
{Good Thing. The Boys, and Girls... in Uniform were Lightin' Up Their Vehicles on 218, last night.
 Oh My!! 
: ) 
Holiday Weekend's, aren't the best time to speed, in Iowa. : )}

Couldn't Wait... to Slice Up Those Amazing Tomatoes... from Bonnie's!!
Nice... Supper.
: )

What a Lovely Day... spent with Lovely, Lovely...
Folks.
'Family'
<3
Grateful.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C. 

{ got a little political, when I first wrote this post. 
No place for politics here. }

No comments: