Wednesday, January 8, 2020

I Miss...my 'Mayberry'. {The Rabbit Hole}


As the 'Show' Season is about to begin....
I was thinking about what these 'Shows'...
require.
; )
Oh My....
; )
Gathering, and Gathering...for weeks, months.
Cleaning, repairing....loading, hauling....
Vehicle issues. {not many, over the years. <3 }
Weather...
Loading, in sub-zero temps, rain...ice, Snow!
oh my.
Then, when you arrive, there sits an empty space, waiting....to be Filled.
Usually, in very little time.
{Let's put it this way...'Never...Enough Time'. : ) }
The above...picture...is The Ford, with the small load.
The FUSO, Cab Over Box Truck, is always, just as Full....
Leading The Way!!!
: )
Daughter, Liz...was driving this load.
Sometimes, it would be Peg.
: )
Sometimes, another Dear Friend.
<3
{Crazy....like, myself. }
John, and The Boys...would help me load, here at Home....
and, if I am lucky...I can hire Porters, at the other end.
Most times, there aren't any.
If I can't load it, and unload...myself, I won't take it.
{That, has never happened. ; )
 I don't leave Anything....behind, that I feel would be Perfect....for the Booth. <3 
Git 'er Done!
I've been VERY Blessed, by Friends, that just...'Happen' to show up, and lend a needed hand, in a pinch.
<3 <3 <3 }
We build a House, in a few short...hours.
Daughter, Liz....and, the mad hatter. 

These are a few of the Heart of Country Booths, in Nashville.
They all...
start out the same.
Blank Walls.
{and...
A 'Shit Load of Stress!!!'
Hahahaha!}
<3
Truck Loads....of Iowa Soulfulness.
<3 <3 <3 



The Porters, in Nashville, really...became Good Friends, over the years.
They worried about us 'Iowa Girls'....so much.
: )
They thought we were Crazy, and Worked...Too Hard!!
They always tried to step in front of us, to keep us from lifting, and lugging.
: ) 
Most of the time, we'd show them, the best, and easiest ways...to move mountains.
I'll never forget, how Kind....they all were to us. 
I, miss them, and Everyone....in Nashville. 'Heart of Country'. 
We did their last Show....in 2014. 
I think about 'Heart', so much...this time of year.
It was most always....around Valentine's Day.
I'd be fretting, and stewing....about... now.
'The Load!! The Load!!'
Trying....to Find, some Awesomeness, and...Gnarliness.
'Soulfulness'. <3 
The Anamosa Show, coming on the 19th, Never...let me down.
<3 <3 <3 
I could always, always....fill out The Load, with what I gathered there.
Always.
<3
Bought this Amazing....
Crazy Quilt, at The Anamosa Show, for Heart of Country.
<3 
It has Hot Pinks, and Apple Greens, perfect....for a Spring Show.
It almost make ya dizzy, looking at the Hundreds of Tiny...little pieces.
<3 
It's pretty worn, I thought...and, probably....most, would dismiss  it, but....I didn't care.
: )
It was Stunning, and...'Spring'.
<3
I was going to hang it as a backdrop, and couldn't care less...if it sold.
Friend, Connie Bennet, had it at Anamosa, for 35.00.
<3
It wasn't until....I was getting ready to load it, for 'Heart', I opened it up, to show Pal, Val...
it's Beauty, 
when, I saw....
The Crazy Quilt, 
was signed.
It was from Derby, Iowa.
<3
My Dad's....Hometown.
{Dad's 'Mayberry'}
I...about fell over.
I knew 'Derby', only....through my Dad's....Wonderful Stories.
'Memories'.
<3 
Needless to say, it's Family....and will Stay.
<3 <3 <3
Thank Goodness, Val... stopped by.
I'd examined that Beautiful, old...old, quilt a Dozen Times, before I showed it to Val.
I'd never seen 'Derby, Iowa'...until I was pointing things out, to her....that I had...seen.
Tiny...little Flag, a tea cup....Names, and Dates.
Then, just....before it was to go on the Truck, I saw 'Derby, Iowa'. 
<3
Priceless.
: )
I'm making some changes to the 'Show Loads'...this year.
Seems, like the world...has flipped Upside Down, in so...many ways.
{my body...like Humpty Dumpty...is still, trying to put all of the pieces back. <3 }
I'm going to give the attention that I've given, to....'Shows', to...
'The Rabbit Hole'.
<3
It's...been so....patiently waiting.
<3
I'll still bring Soulfulness, and Gnarliness....to the Shows.
; )
but, I'll be 'Building' the 'houses'...within The Rabbit Hole...
on my own 'Time Clock'. 
; )
Stay Tuned.
<3
Love...to Ya!!
Barb C.

<3 <3 <3

{Met with a couple of 'State Representatives'...this afternoon, at Fairfax, City Hall, as I was Running.
I thought it was a 'Meet and Greet'. That, wasn't what it was.
We had a quick chat, {they asked me to stay} after the meeting, so I could get their information, on where I could send them documents.
For the last four years.....I've spoken with them all.
I'm done.
From the Governor...down.
I'll refresh their memories.
All of Them, with a letter, that Spells Everything Out...
One, More Time.
{In Writing...with Every Name, I've Shared This All With, 'Together'. }
Walking Trail...next to the most dangerous stretch of Highway 151, is all...on Their Heads.
{Another Multi Car....accident, this evening, just a mile up 151. It's Daily. }
Millions of Dollars, being wasted.
No Common Sense.
No...Safety Study.
: ( : ( : (
That's All....on Them, too.
They can't say....they weren't aware.
Sadly, the Mad Hatter, came out... : (
I gotta get away, from This.
I, told them, that.
This...has consumed my life, for too long.
I'm putting it All, in Their Hands.
Those....who were Voted In, to Take Care of Us.
<3
Let's see...what they do with it. ; )}

At the End...of the day, or....early morning.
I, Ain't No Quitter.
; )
John, wasn't.
He, was Pretty Tuff.
; )
<3 <3 <3
oh...my.
<3 <3 <3
John, never tipped a glass.
He smoked Lucky Strikes, No Filters.
He, also...Called a Spade, a Spade.
He'd Show Ya....The Way Home,
when folks...
got 'off track'
<3
Priceless.

'Quitters'
are not, in our
way of thinkin'.

<3 <3 <3

No comments: