Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Sleigh Ridin' and Snow Doggin'!



Took the Old Gypsy... for a 'Sleigh Ride'... 
yesterday Eve. : )
We had a pretty Big... Snow, and... John's cats... were nearly out of Grub.
so...
I bundled up... in my Flannel Bed Coat... Work Boots... and Denim Jacket...
and took the Old Gal... out for a Spin. : )
I've never locked her in... {to 4WD} and... was hoping... she'd dig in. : )
She did. 
but... I heard a noise... so, asked Son, Justin...to jump in... and drive 'er....
see what he thought.
: )
He took Mama... and Old Gypsy... for Quite a Ride!!!
{My finger nails... will be Forever... in her Dash!!! Holy Smokes!!!
That Boy... is Fearless!!! }
He thinks it's a wheel bearing... not, too bad, and can wait... for a bit. : )
He sounded just like his Dad... {and Mine...too. } when he said...
"Just Drive'r! We'll get it in.... "
: ) 
So...away we went.... Stopped at The Bank... and the Plow Truck... was in the drive thru...
oh dear...
I had to go INSIDE... in my 'Winter Duds'!!! 
Thankfully... They are soooo Great... {and 'Know' me... : ) }
No one gave me 'the look'... in my 'Duds'... : ) 
After I picked up Cat Food....  I went on.
: )
Found some unplowed Gravel Roads... not far from Home... 
and The Gypsy and me... Slung Some Snow!!! : ) 
We stopped...at The Cemetery... where Dad's buried...
 someday... Mom's Ashes will be there, too.
Me and John... as well... someday. 
I Love that little Cemetery. 
: )
The narrow lane...going up through the Cemetery... was sooooo Beautiful.... 
The Gypsy... and me... didn't have the heart.... to disturb it. : ) 
I used to ride Admiral... up there, as soon as we went over the hill....
on Cemetery Road...
 overlooking the little Cemetery....
He'd Stop. 
Ears... Twitching... Head High.....
and Stare... at The Cemetery. 
I'd boot him... a little.... he'd take a step or two... then... Freeze... again.
then...
 with a watchful eye... he'd cautiously...walk on. 
{every... single... time }
: ) 
I always.... wondered what he saw... or heard. 
The Wind, always blows... through the Old Pines, there. 
Soothing....to me, but... maybe... not him.  
As I watched the video... when I got home, last night... that I took, at The Cemetery.
{I didn't take any video... while we were 'Snow Doggin'... Both Hands... on the Wheel! }
I was surprised... to hear...the music... {'Wrecking Ball'...Gypsy's Tune : ) }
It was staticky.... as we were going up the Hill... right where Admiral... always... Froze.
The Music.... was perfect... in my ears... while I was driving. 
No Static... in my Brand New CD Player... and Speakers...
Justin put in for me... <3 <3 <3 
{Surprised me...with. <3 }
Where the video stops... is where we live. 
When Justin.... took Mama and Gypsy... for a Ride... yesterday, it was on 151, when we reached the top... of the Viaduct.... {1/4 mile... South} I Yelled at Him!!! 
{Mama doesn't scare easy... }
but.... I Really Panicked 
told him to "Shut'er Down!!!"
oh dear....
Today...
around noon...
a Man was killed... at the top of the Viaduct... 3 others... injured....
in a 3 car accident. 
I was on the phone...with Liz, when I saw the Ambulances.... go by....
and Prayed. 
oh my. 
Life... is short.
As The Gypsy and I sat at The Cemetery....
 I thought... How Much.... Dad and John... would have Enjoyed  Riding With...
'Snow Doggin'.....
: ) : ) : ) 
then...
I  glanced.... over the Cemetery... looking at the 100's of Stones...
each... representing...
One... or More... Souls...
<3
 and thought.....
They All... 
would like to be... 'Snow Doggin' with us. 
: )
I suppose... some people... think I'm Crazy.... for 'Turnin' It Loose'... once in a while.
: )
Bless their Hearts. <3 
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{If you watch the video... you'd better take a Dramamine.... : )
The Old Gal... She's a 'Ruff Rider'!!! : ) 
but...
She can Sling Some Snow!!! oh my. : ) }
{better put ear plugs in... too. : ) I Like... my Music... LOUD!!! : ) }
{John would shake his head... when I'd come rollin' in... The Windows... would be Rattlin'... <3 }
{The Heart Shaped Stone... with the little Scrub Bush.... is my Dad's Stone.... <3 <3 <3
There was a Beautiful... Pine, there.... when he Passed. A Storm took it...
 {missed his Stone... by an inch.<3 }
John and I... said... over the years....Dad would have liked the 'Volunteer'... Better. <3 }

{They had a 'Tow Ban'... out... last night....
so...
if you ran in a ditch... you'd be walkin'.
: )
I figured.... if the Gypsy and me... Bit Off... more than we could chew....
I Know a Guy...
: )
With a Big... Power Stroke Ford... with Stacks....
that would pull us out...  <3 }
{It would take.... One Hell... of an Avalanche... to put me.... and the Old Gypsy.... in a place...
we'd have to make... That Call. : ) }


No comments: