Sunday, December 20, 2015

Pretty Paper...

This is titled...
'The Christmas Tree'.
It's from the 1860's.
Love It. 
I picked up... some Beautiful... 1860's and 70's 'Paper'... last week, at a Friend's Sale. 
: )
It was a 4 hour Sale... and... I nearly... didn't go.
Had So Much... to get done...but... went on... : )
{Liz... pushed me... out the door. : ) }
I am so Very Blessed... by Friends... that call... : ) 
I..hate... to let 'em down. 
and... know... they Bless me, and I need to go... when the bell rings. 
I can't tell you... how difficult... it is, these days... to 'Run'. 
I think... some were amazed... at how much I got done... last year. 
{myself... included. }
{had a few Angels... that helped carry me, too. : ) }
My 'World'... was crashing down... around me, yet... I kept on. 
had to.
Business...
Adrenaline. 
well...
the 'adrenaline'... isn't enough, anymore.
There isn't enough... of any... 'stimulant'... to get me going.... anymore.
Christmas... is gonna be... slim... this year. 
It is... what it is. 
I can find... enough strength... to get done... what absolutely... Must... be done.
but...
no more. 
I read, years ago... about a Horse.
The #12... Fire Horse. 
The Horse... was en route... to a Fire... got his hoof caught... in a railroad track....
Lost his hoof... but... continued running... to the Fire.
Well... I'm no hero, like # 12 was. : )
but...
I understand... how 'adrenaline' ... will carry you... through a Fire. 
I, also.. understand... when... the Fire... is out, well.....
there's nothing... as cold...as the ashes. 
There are days... I can Run... like the Wind.
others...
I can't find my feet. 
That's...just how it is. 
I so wanted.... needed... to get the shop open, before Christmas.
It's not going to happen. 
I'm going to try... for New Years Weekend. 
: ) 
Love, to ya....
Barb C. 





The Calligraphy Samples...
are how my Folks... learned how to write... Beautifully.
: )
It was sooooo Important... to 'write' and 'spell'... well.
It made the difference... of working in Town... in an Office.
or...
Working... in the Fields.
Mind Bending...
or...
Back Breaking.
: )
well...
I'd have to choose... the latter. : )
{Dad did, too. He had such Beautiful... Penmanship...
I'm not sure... if he completed the 6th... or 8th grade... in a One Room.. School.
John, the same way.
 His Penmanship... could have been on the Declaration of Independence. : ) }


As I was helping, Pal... Bill... last week, I ran across this.
: )
It's an Old... Room Key... fob, from The Opryland Hotel.
: )
oh my.
'Merry Christmas'... to me. <3
A Gift...
from...
'My Happy Place'.
: )



No comments: