Thursday, September 24, 2015

An 'Acquired Taste'.... : )

Today is my Sister, Merry Jo's.... Birthday.
: )
Long ago.... I found the above.... old... worn.... tattered and stained...
pillow cover.
I Immediately thought of Merry Jo.
<3 <3 <3 
not... because of the wear....
but....
because... of the Lovely... Poem... someone had so Beautifully  hand stitched... on it.
<3 <3 <3
I thought.... "I'm going to give this to Merry....for her Birthday!!!"....
: ) : ) : )
then...
a couple of days ago.... when I was getting ready to send it off....
I changed my mind.
All.... I saw, when I first laid eyes on it....
was Merry Jo.... : )
What a 'Gem'... 'Gift'.... she has been to me, and our Family.
but.... I wasn't sure.... Merry would 'see' the Beauty...
as I do.
As I looked at it... I thought.... 'Merry...would have to wash and iron this. : )'
the old pillow cover.... couldn't take it.
: ( 
It's something... that would have to be accepted....loved...and appreciated...
as I do...
'As Found'.
I don't think... a lot... of Folks... can do that.
These Old Souls.... are an 'Acquired Taste'... : )
or...
you simply are born... with the Gift... to Love... these, less than perfect...
treasures.
I decided... to keep it... here. : )
because... I 'see' Merry Jo... every time I look at it.
: )
I see.... what a Beautiful... September Child.... she is. 
: ) 
I posted the 'sentiment' to her fb page.
: ) with... my Love. 
As I looked around the House... this morning.... 
I 'see' so Many Faces. : )
The little Rusty... Broken... Toy Trucks.... that remind me of Dad....and John....
: )
The times... we shared together.... in 'real'... Rusty...and Broken... Old Trucks. : )
The Old Dolls.... that Liz Loved so.... when she was little.
She didn't care... how 'Broken' they were. <3 She just... Loved 'em.
Yes....
I could go on... and on. 
but...
I have to Open 'the rabbit hole'. 
Open Thursdays thru Saturdays.... 11 'til 5.
Sundays... Noon 'til 4!
{Fall Harvest Sale is October 8th thru 11th! }
Love, to ya....
Barb C.
I received a text.... from Merry Jo... just after I posted a Happy Birthday... Greeting... to her.
She Thanked me.... <3
Said.... she'd just finished with a Yoga Class... at her Club....
and was headed for a Massage.
: )
{I told her.... to 'Own This Day'...
 after all...
It's... Hers. <3 <3 <3 }
: )
yeah....
I think... the little Pillow Cover... wouldn't have been the right choice.
<3
I posted the above tune.... because...I remember... it... the year Mom and I lived in Cedar Bluff.
I was 5....
The year... was 1968.
: )
That song... was Very Popular... around that time.
 : )
oh my.
Merry Jo...was 14.... and I Sooooo wanted to Cling... to her. : )
and She.... Soooo didn't want me to. <3 <3 <3
'Sisters'....
oh my.
oh....
my.
<3 <3 <3






No comments: