Sunday, August 23, 2015

Summer... Treats.... and... Feet. oh my.

Miss. Scarlett and me... went to visit Justin and Katie.... the other Evening...
Little Justin was Fishin' with his Grandpa Kevin... : ) 
but... made an appearance before we left... : ) 
Justin's Garden.... 
{I call it that...because Katie said... this year... Justin... has been The Farmer!
 Katie is nearly 'due'... Yep... we'll have another Granddaughter... very.... soon. : ) : ) : ) 
Katie's 'due date' is September 13th.... but... I gotta tell ya.... I'll be surprised it she waits that long....
I took a picture of her.... but.... she said... NOT to post it... : (
She is soooo Beautiful.... but... I understand. : ) 
Liz and Justin picked us... Some Beautiful.... Produce.!!!!
oh my...
I have been Craving Fresh Tomatoes....
broke down and bought some 'store bought' Romas the other day.
{They aren't my favorite... but... they were on sale. }
I had visited a wonderful Wine Bar....the other day...
 'Ramsey's' in Marion, Iowa.
Ordered a salad.... It was Amazing....
They served it with Roma Tomatoes that had been marinated in 
Olive Oil... Vinaigrette...Fresh Herbs... and... their 'secret' ingredients....
: )
I had to ask.... what kind of tomato I was Enjoying!
: )
I was stunned... when the Sweet Server... said, "Roma"... 
She said.... Romas work well.... for this. They are a solid, firm... tomato, and absorb the marinade well....
{ Yes... they do! }
So... when I purchased the store bought Romas....
I did the same thing... with them.
: )
Picked Fresh Herbs.... that Liz and I have planted here.....
made my own... 'secret sauce'....
{Raspberry Vinaigrette... Salt, Pepper... Garlic... 
{LOTS of Garlic : ) }
Olive Oil...  Fresh Basil, Rosemary, and Sage.... 
put 'em in one of our Big Ironstone Servers....
Covered 'em... weighted 'em down.... in the fridge....
let them marinade for a few days....
: )
oh my. : )
Heaven!
There are a dozen sliced Romas in this bowl.....
I weighted them down... in the fridge... to ensure.... they soaked up.... as Much.... of the dressing... as they could.
oh my...
oh...
my.
: )
Thanks, so Much to the little Server... at 'Ramsey's'.... for sharing... : )
Ramsey's is doubling the size their Store.... I can see why....
It's Awesome. : ) 

{From a Roma?.... Who Knew? }
I am... a Tomato Connoisseur....
I could Live... on Tomatoes... and Onions. 
oh my. : )
I eat canned tomatoes in the Winter.... Can't Stand....
Cardboard Tomatoes!!! 
I so enjoyed... that Restaurant and Wine Bar. 
I was driving/working that day, so.... no wine.... but... I will go back.... 
with a Driver! <3 
They have Live Music there... as well.... oh my. : ) 
Justin's Tomatoes.... on the other hand...
Need Nothing.
: )
They are So... Sweet and Tart.....
They are Heaven... all by themselves. <3 
The Peppers... smell sooooo Amazing....
When I opened the bag they were in... I about Fell Over.
oh my....
There is nothing Better...
than...
'FRESH'!!!
His and Katie's Produce.... is sooooo Pretty....
I had to put them in something... that was Equally.... as Wonderful...
: )
Our Beloved... Patched.... Wooden Bowls. <3
They look even Better.... with the Beautiful.... Produce nestled in them.
oh my.
Love this Old... Stuff. : ) 
A Sweet Gal.... popped in the rabbit hole... yesterday, with her two Sisters.....
{I was so Tired... when they arrived...Liz and I moved a HUGE Concrete Sink... into the back Green House...
{From near the road... a Long... Haul... oh my. }
It's Amazing 
 I know... I wasn't the perfect Hostess. : ( }
My Friend, looked at an Early Wooden Trencher.... I had bought at Michael's Auction... in Rochester... 
It's kind of expensive....I paid 'up' for it....
but, then.... It's Quite a Trencher. : )
I'm bringing it to the House.... until the 'Once in a Blue Moon' Sale.
I would like to enjoy it.... for a little while.
: )
It'll be for sale.... then... but..... I think.... it would like to serve.... again.
As I looked at it, yesterday..... I wondered how long... it had been.... since it had 'Served'....
and... 'what' was the last.... food... that rested... on it. : )
Whose... hands.... served... it up.... and...to whom.
: )
The old Trencher.... must be.... from the early to mid... 1800's.....
like the Bowls.... in this image.....
all hand made.... patched....and patched.... and... patched. 
: ) 
oh my.
I'm working in the Shop...today....
Miss. Scarlett, too.... : )
Love, to ya...
Barb C.



Justin.... Definitely.... has His Dad's....
Green Thumb!
Daughter, Liz..does too!
{Katie is an Awesome 'Farmer' too............. oh my..... }
Justin... has my feet. : )....
{His Dad's Toe Nails.... but... My... Feet! }
{It was soooo funny seeing Justin Barefooted.... : )
 He usually has his size 15.... Big... Steel Toed... Leather Boots on....
yeah.... this is his... Mama's.... side.
John.... couldn't walk across the grass.... 'barefooted'.... }
Liz... has her Dad's Feet.... and Mine.
John wore his shoes out... just like this.
{He used to Duct Tape... his shoes... that were 'Hand Me Downs'... from Liz!!!}
oh my.
oh my....
The Apples... don't Fall...Far...from the Trees.... 
: ) 

No comments: