Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Celebration... of Life.

Liz...Miss. Scarlett and myself....
found our way to Lake Iowa... this evening...
to say Good bye.... to Sonny.
oh my... there was a Crowd : ) 
Sonny was Loved... by Many. <3 
He did Much... for Many....
: )
He always said it... like it was. : )
but... in a way... Folks could 'Digest'... even if... they didn't agree. : ) 
Again... I was taken back... by the Strength... of his Children.
: )
They are Truly... Somethin' Else. : )
It was so Great... to see Family... I haven't seen...in Years.
Decades....
Many... Daughter, Liz... had never met. 
I stood.... and watched Miss. Scarlett playing with her second.... Cousins...
not knowing... they were related.
oh my.
When I think of Sonny... our Dad... and John....
I think of the Movie... 'Big Fish'.
Tim Burton directed it... I didn't know that... until recently.
He also directed 'Alice in Wonderland'... {The Johnny Depp version... that truly... made me... look deeply... into the 'looking glass'. : )
and... down...the rabbit hole.
I Swear... Tim Burton and I... were separated at Birth! : ) }
I watched 'Big Fish'.... many years ago... and wept.... through it.
It reminded me so Much... of my Dad.
{I couldn't watch it twice }
Then... when John... went 'Home'.... I realized... it Fit him... too.
Now... Sonny. 
oh my.
All Three... could have played the Lead... in that movie.
'Big Fish'... is a story... that a Man... tells of his 'Life'.
His Son... always thought he was a Bullshitter.... : )
"Tall Tales... that were Too Big... to be true."  he was ashamed... of the 'Stories'...
The fact was.....
The Stories... were 'Truer'... than most... could imagine. 
When I saw the movie.... it touched me so... because... I Knew... the Stories had merit.
I have seen similar ones.... with Dad... that No One.... would 'Believe'. 
Been right there with him... as they unfolded...
and... met First Hand....
The People...
 Crazy...Wonderful... People.
That...were different... to most...
but..
Had Our Backs.... when the chips... were down. <3
{with John, too.... : ) oh my.... : ) He knew... some Awesome... Folk.  }
and
 Sonny....
: )
well... 
Dad shared some of Sonny's 'Stories' with me.... so... I Knew... he was also...
'Big Fish'.
{and those were just his 'Young Years'... }
My Nephew, John... said to me... just before we left.....
"Well... they broke the Mold... with This One..."...
"There was never one like him..." 
: )
I said..."Yes.... I knew One.... This One's... Dad.... : ) ".
{along with...the One... I shared my life with..... John. <3 } 
I think... what bothered me so Much... about the movie... 'Big Fish'...
is that his Son... didn't 'Believe'...
That... was a Heart Breaker.
Thankfully... The Conner Clan.... 
'Believes'....
They Thrive... on it. 
Nothing is Too Far... Out of Reach....
and....
they understand...
: )
The Best People...
come wrapped... in the Most... Interesting...
Packages. 
: ) 
Love to ya....
Barb Conner. 

{I am posting the 'Trailer'.... from 'Big Fish'...
above.
I wanted to show... the ending... The Funeral....that explains... much.
{You'll have to watch the movie. : ) }
No... there weren't any Giants.... {that I personally saw...today. : ) }
but...
it did... remind me...a bit... of this Beautiful... Gathering....
for....
A Big...
Fish.
<3
and.... sometimes... the line.... between 'fact' and 'fiction'....
 'isn't'
: ) }
{Sonny... threw me over his shoulders.... when I was a little girl....
I was sooooo taken back.
Until that moment.... my Dad... was the Only one... who could.
{or... I...would allow. : ) }
Big Fish...

No comments: