Saturday, August 8, 2015

Preparing for Gold Rush! Olmsted County Fairgrounds Rochester, MN. August 16th thru 18th!

We've been working on all sorts.... of Fun and Unusual.... Bigs and Littles...
for Gold Rush....
: )
This and the next image... are of two my personal Faves.... : )
{so far... there is MUCH... headed North... next week. }
The above.... is something I picked up a couple of weeks ago.
It is the 'bones'... of a baby carriage.
I had Justin clip the handle...
{I'm trying to figure out.... the perfect use...for that... too. : ) }
because....
from the moment I saw this.....
all I could see... was a
'Cinderella Carriage'....
: )
It has wooden spoke wheels...
and such a Gracious... Symmetrical Form....
: )
I cleaned it up... then... sealed it... with a high gloss....finish.
: )
Now... it will make a Perfect Centerpiece... for Anything...
including Food.
{I...can see a Wedding Cake..... perched on the Platter. <3 }
LOVE IT!
Just picked this 1830's to 40's Sofa up....
and...spent a morning carefully 'deconstructing' it's 1980's upholstery.
I took it down to it's original Cotton and Horse hair... : )
{The cotton... still had seeds in it. Early! }
It can be used like this.... for a Photographer.... or, for Folks.... like, myself....
who LOVE..... 'Deconstructed Pieces'....
It could... be easily... reupholstered... as well.
It's sooooooo Beautiful.
It has Hand Carved.... Wild Roses.... and Morning Glories....
: )
Two... of my Most Favorite... Free Spirited... Gnarly... Flowers. : )
We are gathering some Very.... Unusual Pieces.... for this Gold Rush....
some...
'fun'...
some...
Very Early.... and... Very...Wonderful. 

This is Scout....
when I Yelled for Him!!!!
"Apples!!!! Scout!!!!"....
{He could win The Derby..... with an Apple in front of his nose just.... out of reach!!!!!!! }
oh...my.
: )
Love...to ya...
Barb C.

No comments: