Monday, August 24, 2015

Working...down the rabbit hole.

As I was gathering.... in the back Green House.... and Cleaning.....
I found this Old... Victorian Castor set.
: )
I plunked it... on the table.....
looked at it... for a moment...
and... decided...
Dirt...and all....
it was
Beautiful.
As... Found. 
I am cleaning.... and... cleaning... and...
Cleaning.
Remember......
there was only a path.... through this little area....
just a few days ago.
Things have been Stacked.... and Piled..... in this little Green House... for some... time.
I have not paid it any attention... for.... a long... long... time.
The Girls... have Spruced it up.... during Sale Times....
but... I... have not 'personally' touched... it... for a couple of years. 
oh my.
It takes me a LONG time... to 'set' a room.
Details... Details... Details...
oh dear.
: ) 
I get Lost... in a 'project'... like this. 
Between 'cleaning'.... I've been piling... sentimental... Gnarliness....
on the Huge... Light... that hangs in the back Green House.
I bought two.... a few years ago....
They came from a Grand... Hotel.... in Des Moines.
One... was perfect, and sold.. quickly.
The other... : ) had been stored with the first... in a Barn.
A Farmer rolled over it... with his Tractor. 
oh my.
John... worked so hard... to put it all back together...
I...Loved... it... when he was done.
I didn't care... if it Never sold. 
He brought it back to Life.
When the Boys... were moving it...inside the Green House...
they dropped it....
oh my...
I broke down... and wept.
It wasn't that they had hurt it... any more... than it had been... to begin with.....
It was... all of John's work...
 He really... worked hard... to make it 'whole' again.
oh my.
Yesterday... Liz and I... moved it... I wired it all back together... seeing John's Miraculous Repairs....
with every turn. 
: ) 
Today.... as I was 'cleaning'.... I kept gathering all sorts of 'fragments'... 
Fragments... from Peg... and other Friends....
 Bird's Nests...from Charlie....
 Worn... Velvet Pieces....
Broken.... Pieces... from Friends... Long... ago.
{one Beautiful Broken Piece... was from Friend, Eudora............ another...
from Friends... John and Carolyn... oh my...
 I also.... ran across a tray... with 'Dug Finds'...from Jerome... oh my. 
Treasures... that have been buried.... in the Ground.. for decades.......... }
I began to layer... the Massive Light.... with...
'Memories'.
: ) 
Liz would call my day... 'filled... with Shenanigans'...
When I... can take... my time... Yes.... I fill my day.... with 'Shenanigans'...
: )
When she dropped Miss. Scarlett off tonight....
she peeked inside... the Green House.
: )
Tho... it's still a Mess...
She Loved it...
: ) 
She said... it reminded her of the Movie, 'Sweeney Todd'.... : )
I take That... as a Huge... Compliment. 
I never knew... who Tim Burton was....
until I saw the Movie...
'Alice in Wonderland' with Johnny Depp.
I was Breathless... by his set designs... 
Later, I have found... I Loved so Many... of his Movies...
'Beetlejuice'... 'Big Fish'... and... tho... Creepy... 
'Sweeney Todd'. 
When I saw 'Alice'... I Swore... The Director... 'Tim Burton'.... had visited....
Our....
Beloved...
'Rabbit Hole'.
I... have to believe....
He and I... were separated.... at Birth!
: ) 
I have a Long Way...to go... in this little area....
and a Million Miles... to cover... before the 
'Once in a Blue Moon'... Open House....
but...
I'll get done.... what I can.
I...won't be rushed. 
Mark your Calendars!
September 4 thru 7. : )
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
{and... Yes... Danny Elfman... also created the Amazing Tune... above, for 'Alice'....
He also has created Most... all of the Music for Tim Burton's... 'Creations'...
of Course... he did. 
Amazing. }

This and the below images... are awful.
I captured them... as I was leaving... tonight.
The Sun... was so Bright... I couldn't see the screen on my phone.
This is a Wonderful... Old Footstool...
I unearthed it... today.... the fabric... was modern... and... shot.
I removed it...and exposed the vintage...encased... springs...
oh.... my.
LOVE IT!
{It looks... Waaaaay Gnarlier... in Person. <3 }
The Sun...
was Bright.... down the rabbit hole... this Eve. : )


No comments: