Monday, August 3, 2015

Sonny... {Marion Conner Jr. } my Brother.

This image was taken... two years ago...
I went to The Conner Camp.... at Lake Iowa... Near Millersburg, Iowa.
I spent many Summers... at The Lake... with my Oldest Brother's Family.
Used to ride 60 miles.... on Horseback.... to visit...  : )
His wife... Shirley is nearest in blue....
They had been married over 60 years. : )
They had 5 Beautiful Children... 14 Grandchildren.... and 11 Great...Grandchildren.
 They  were as Close... as any Family... could be. : )
Shirley had ALS... and was an Inspiration... to us all.
She couldn't speak... on this date... but... she used an erasable board.... and was on her I Pad.... all the time.
She went 'Home'...just a little over a year ago.
I visited with Sonny... around Christmas.
We talked...for an Hour... or better. : )
{Us Conner's tend to be a Bit...Long Winded.... when you get us goin'.... }
Seems... we had much to talk about... and in common... on this last visit.
We'd both... Lost... our Soul Mates.
and 'Understood' each other... maybe... like never before.
He also said something.... about his Children.... when I said I admired... how Close they all are....still.
He said... "When they all started School..... I told 'em...
 If One....comes home with a Black Eye....
They better All Have One!
 No matter what the'Beef' was... 'Right or Wrong'...they need to take care of each other!"....
We Laughed!
He and Shirley Married when they were Young Teenagers....
Sonny was so much...like our Dad....
{It bothered me...sometimes...to see him....
and... 'hear'... him....
they looked and sounded..so Much alike. }
He was, also.... a
Hard Worker... and could do anything... he set his mind to.
He worked all of his life... and enjoyed his Life.... to The Fullest.
Family... Hunting... Fishing....
oh my.
Sonny died in a car accident, yesterday..... while coming home, to Millersburg....
from Camping with his Son...John.
My Heart... Breaks... for the Family.
Please... 'Keep' them... in your Prayers.
Love... to ya...
Barb C.
{They are having a Gathering at Lake Iowa, on Thursday.....
so...
the rabbit hole... will be closed. }

As I visited with Cathi.... Sonny's oldest Daughter... this morning.....
I told her... I was still.... in 'Shock'.
My Dad... and Hers... were such... 'Survivors'....
They both 'Pushed the Envelope'.... more than anyone... I have ever known....
but...
they always.... came out on top....
Always...
except... once.
That 'Once'.....
was....
 28 years ago.... for my Dad....
and...
Yesterday...
 for Hers.
I had to play....
'My Way'...
in Memory... of Sonny.
: )
He Lived....
He and Shirley... were Snorkeling not long ago...
They went to Alaska....
They Hunted... and Fished... together...
oh my.
Sonny was an Over the Road Trucker....'Owner Operator'
 {My Dream... tho.. he discouraged me... when I was young. : )
Said..."It was No Way...to make a 'Living'...  : )
{I Think... our Dad... sent him to 'talk' to me... : ) }
I said... "Well.... looks like this Old Freightliner's been pretty Good to You... and Your Family... : ) ".... }
He worked on his Trucks.... did all of his own repairs....
He... like Dad... {and John... <3 }
could do.... Anything.
Anything....
but...
They Always... Did It...
Their...Way. <3 <3 <3 }


No comments: