Saturday, December 20, 2014

Midnight Rider....

The Midnight Rider....
oh dear....
: )
I had been planning all week....to Bug Out....
and head to Missouri.... to see our Peg....
I knew, I couldn't stay more than a day...at best....
{Critters...  and other....daily 'Surprises'.... }
Peg..hates that....
When I talked to her, Thursday night.....on the phone....
she sounded disappointed... 
and...said... she knew...how my Mornings were....
always...something.... {or many 'somethings'.... }
that seem to keep me from getting an early start....
and... maybe...we should just meet... half way...and have lunch....
as she knew... I'd be late, and have to turn around...as soon as I arrived...
{oh.... Peg. : ) }
I assured her.... I would get there early....
{she didn't believe me.... I could tell. }
but...said.... "call me.... when you leave home..... " 
: )
I had just arrived, at Liz's new Job.... Liz wanted me to come and have supper....
and see the Place...
It's a little Bar.... with Great Food... she said. 
The Place...was Packed.... wall to wall....
not a place for me.....
Yikes!
I stayed for a little while.....
then... came home.....
Fixed a little supper....
and got to thinkin'....
Peg... may be right....
Seems when I try and get an early start....
the phone starts ringing....
or... some 'fire'..needs to be stomped out,,,,
I looked at the clock....
it was around 11....
I thought....I could get Polly settled.... for the night...
 if I jump in Jethro....
I could be at Peg's door.... by 3....
: )
So.... that's what I did....
The last few miles..were very interesting.
Peg and Michael...live Waaaaay Back in the Woods....
Gravel... and Mud... Roads....
Hills....Curves.....Timber... Everywhere....
{I think the last stretch...I could have made better time...on Horseback! }
and... I almost...always.... get lost.
Ol' Jethro.... and The Angels....
delivered me... right to Peg's door.... 
without skipping a beat.
A Miracle!!!!
When I pulled in.....
I called Peg....
and said...
"Hey.... I'm leaving Home!... you told me to call.... : ) "
She said....
"It's Three in the Morning!!!"...
I said... "I know.... I'm not leaving home.... I'm at Your Home.... Come Open this Door.... or I'm Layin' on the Horn!!!"
She didn't believe me... : )
Then...she did. : )
We met at the door....
laughed.... hugged.... she called me a Crazy Woman....
I told her... It Takes One...to Know One! <3
I flopped on her sofa....she Insisted...on Fluffing... 
then... we spent the entire day.... visiting....
: )
It was Great!
She...so.... wanted me to stay..... I..so wanted to....
but....
had to get back.
It's a good thing...I did.... 
had I not bugged out....
I couldn't have come at all...
Seems...every time... I leave... something... 'Flares'....
I got a call.... on my way home... oh my.....
so...it was a nerve racking drive home....
Everything is o.k. now... thanks to some very nice Folks....
oh my.
What a Ride. 
Peg Looks Great.... and, I think...is feeling Good.
: )
Mel and Micheal... are taking such... wonderful Care.... of her.
: )
They are the Best. : )
Love to ya.... 
Barb C.







I kept yelling at Peg..to Get In The House!!!! {as I was pulling away..... }
She wouldn't.... until.... we were out of sight...
I...do... so....Love....
That Girl.

There was Snow.... in MO....
I was surprised....
It was Beautiful.... at Peg and Michael's....

I don't do... 'selfies'.....
but... when it struck me... to Bail in Jethro and Fly....
This is the cross eyed look.....
I get.... when.... a thought.... a Crazy...Thought...
hits me...
had to share it. : )


No comments: