Sunday, December 21, 2014

Amana... Sofa. As Found. perfect. : )

Thanks, so Much...
to my Amana Friends...for delivering this....
Gnarly... Mid 1800's Amana Sofa, today.
I bought it, sight unseen....
and...I was delighted, it was better, than I had imagined. 
: )
I know.... some... maybe...most.... would reupholster this....
but...
I Love It...
as found.
The image doesn't show... how Shocking Blue... it is....
and. I would bet... this is the original Fabric.
With a Good Bath....
and a Beautiful... Vintage Throw.... gently Draped... over the seat....
It would happily Serve... another 100 plus years.
It's Frame... is all hand made... and solid as a rock.
It's Beautiful....
It came from an East Amana Home....
and... is... 
simply...
Beautiful.
It will find it's way down the rabbit hole.... soon...
and, may be... at The Anamosa Show, in January. 
: )
Love to ya...
Barb C.

No comments: