Thursday, November 6, 2014

Memories... encapsuled in a Beautiful... little..... box.

I 'Bugged Out'....
yesterday....
I HAD....
to find my way... to Missouri....
and My Peg.
: ) : ) : )
I had soooooo wanted to get to her...
sooner.
but....
my 'life'...
simply wouldn't allow it.
oh my....
I didn't know... if I could stay...an hour... or a day...
it didn't matter...
I...simply... Had.... to get to My... Peg.
I threw the 'essentials'....... in Jethro...
yesterday... late morning....
{It's a 3 hour run....}
No clothes.... just... what I had...to have.
{it all would have fit... in a gallon jug. }
Liz... thankfully... looked after Polly...
I...
Was...
Gone.
I wound up.... staying the night.
Peg said...as I walked in the door......
"I didn't realize.... how Much...I have Missed you... until I saw you.."
: )
oh my....
I have 'Missed'... her... So Much...
every...
single...
day.
: )
{over...and over... every day. }
My.... Insane....Life....
keeps me so... 'driven'.....
especially...now...
I..simply... couldn't steal...a moment.
but....
By God....
I was Taking... whatever.... I could....
to find my way.
We had... such a peaceful.... peaceful...
visit.
I could have spent the rest of my life....
there.....
With... Peg and Michael....
: )
Who knows...
maybe...
I will.
: )
I posted the song... above... because.... it is...
'Perfect'.
Love...
to you....
and...
Thank You...
for 'Keeping'...
Our Peg...
in Your Thoughts....Prayers...
and...
Light.
<3 <3 <3
I Hope....
you know...
how Much....
that Means....
: )
Barb C.
{It's funny.... as I watch this video....
I see... mine... John's...
 Peg and Michael's.....
Children.... and Grandchildren....
oh my..... <3
Along, with all of us....... : )
Guess.... the years... have truly... slipped away.}
I am Thankful....
We had...
 'The Days'....
and....
We....
Have...
The Days...
yes..
we are...
Blessed.
<3 }
{I...am Blessed.... : )
I... 'found'....
Laughter...
once....again.
what a Priceless....
Gift...
that is. }



Peg....
Surprised me....
with this...
Amazing...
Shadow Box....
when I arrived.
oh my...
She carefully... placed.... so many... many... of our most...
 Precious....
'Moments'....
within.
Things.... I had given her... over the years.... {that are 'so'...Peg. }
Things... she'd saved... from so many of our... 'Excursions'....
: )
Nashville.....
Gold Rush...
The Rabbit Hole....
'Gathering Trips'.....
oh my....
oh my....
The Bird's Nest.... Charlie.... had given me.... then...I had given to her....
{I told Charlie... about Peg....years ago... and how she'd 'shown' me.... the Beauty... in a Bird's Nest....
{Only... Nests... that are Permanently... Vacant!!!}
Then... Charlie began saving them... for me....
<3
When a Farmer Friend, of his... saw a 'nest'... on his truck's dash.... and Laughed.....
Charlie shared mine and Peg's story....
with him....
The Farmer... began saving nests... for us...
 oh my....
Because of Peg.....
and her Love... of Nature..... it has touched so many.... who would have walked past...
the Beauty....
Art....
that Nature... provides... at Every Turn. <3
I stopped... at Charlie's... on the way home....
and shared all of this... with him.....
oh my...
: )
I Told Peg....
she 'Blinked'...
in this image...
She said...
"I Did Not!!!'...
{oh... Peg... : )
Here's PROOF!!! : ) }
She's still....
Beautiful.
<3
Peg and Michael....
They don't get Better....
than These...Two.
: )
I can't Begin... to tell you...
how Very Blessed....
I am.... John and our Family... are....
to have these... Beautiful People....
in our lives....
I...
simply...
can...
not.
As I walked through Peg and Michael's....
Paradise....
I saw so... many... 'familiar'...
things.
oh...my.
This Little Girl... is a Huge... Memory.
Years...and Years...ago...
{before, Peg moved to Missouri....}
Peg was helping me... load, for a show....
We were Hustlin'.... to get the trailer loaded....
then... get on the road....
I looked across the highway........
{I kept hearing... 'Banging'... from the field...}
and saw Dump Trucks.... going in...and out....
In the truck boxes....
I saw arms... and legs.... sticking out of the Loads...every which way.....
 that were being hauled in...
and....
Dumped.
oh my...!!!!!! ?
The trucks were carrying broken fragments.... of concrete statuary.
OH MY!!!
They were 'filling'... the Creek..... with them...
HOLY SMOKES!!!
We asked the Drivers....if we could 'pull' things from their loads.....
The were agreeable......
but....
We had no time... to 'rescue'....
but... we Both knew... : ) what we'd be 'doing'... after the Show!
After the Show...
We Beat Feet.... to the 'dump site'....
{we Couldn't Wait!!!!}
In our 'Best'... Show Clothes... and shoes.....
To our dismay... the trucks had PILED... Loads...and Loads...and Loads....
and....
Loads...
and
 Loads...
 of Dirt....
behind... where the Gnarly Concrete had been Dumped.
It was Dark... we 'felt' our way...along.......
{seriously... who... has a flashlight... ? : ) }
{while we were at the Show... those Trucks...
 Stayed....
Busy! }
We climbed over...Mountains.... to get to the 'Good' stuff....
{some of it... we had to get in the Creek... to recover... }
Then... carry.... back...Over Mountains.... to the truck.
but...
We're The Winners!!!!!
This Little Girl....
was one...
we 'Rescued'....
: )
Some... might say.... we were Crazy....
but...
we'd never deny that.....
: )
not... for a moment...
: )
after all....
All...
The...
Best...
People...
are.
: )
Our... Peg.
{and... the Beloved... Hounds. : ) }
and....
Michael...
oh my....
: )
He... is an Angel.
He takes such....Amazing 'Care'.... of Our Peg. <3
{and... her... Gypsy.... friends. : ) }
{Michael... Fixed an Amazing Supper for us.... He.... is such a Gift.... oh my.... : ) }
I stood.... on Peg and Michael's deck.... last night....
overlooking their Beautiful.... 'Place'.....
The Pond... is so.... Incredible...
I thought of John... over and over....
remembering...the conversations... we'd  had... about this little slice of Heaven....
I sooooooooooo wanted John.... to come and visit... Peg and Michael....
with me.
He would have Loved it there....
: )
They... Loved him so......
and would have Loved... to have him.... come visit. : )


After...we loaded Jethro.... with Treasures.... this afternoon....
that Peg and Michael.... were sending... 'home'.... with me.....
oh my....
it was hard........
driving away....
I kept looking in the rear view mirror.......
they stood.....
watching me pull away......
waving.....
somehow....
we all... knew....
we were still....
in each others....
'view'....
: )
until....
Jethro and I....
went down the hill......
and...
I could see them....
no more.
I Laid... on Jethro's Horn....
again... and... again....
oh my......
oh...
my. 

2 comments:

cindy nutt said...

Never has a more beautiful love story been shared. No glitz-no strings-nothing but a heart to heart friendship that you are gracious enough to share with us! Love you Barb-and prayers continue for all of you!

Rhonda Barr said...

I am so very glad you got to go! Praying for your Peg... and you too dear lady! <3