Sunday, November 9, 2014

Treasures

this is a keeper....
Peg gave it to me.....
it's Beautiful.....
'Love Birds'...
They are hand carved... walnut.... from the Victorian era.....
oh.... my.
Peg, also gave me...this Beautiful Book.... from 1864....
It was written in 1863.....
just think....
it was put together.... when the Civil War.... was taring this Country apart....
Loss... on both sides... were Great.....
Families... torn apart....
and... still.... they publish this little book.... on Flowers.
oh..... my.
It is so...Beautiful.....
the illustrations.... are lovely.... the poetry...is perfect.
I'll Treasure it.... Always. 



This is a Round Chick Brooder.... I have been meaning to get an image of..... for a sweet Gal.
Here it is....
No floor.... and no roof vent.
but.... very sweet....
It has a screen door, inside the solid one.
: )
The next few images are of a Victorian Scrap Book.... I bought at Gregory's in Missouri....
on my way to visit Peg and Michael....
I thought of Peg... when I saw it.... and wanted to give it to her..... but she said no.....
She's trying to go through her things.... and said.... I should sell it... : (
so....
I shall.
It's Beautiful.....
It will be at Junk Jubilee Jingles.... 


There is something.... so very Special... about this time period.
1837 through 1901.
I, and so many of the closest people..... to me.... admire artifacts, from this...period.
It was such a Beautiful... time span...yet... so...ugly.
So many Wars.... yet.... The Victorians.... always.... found Beauty... and created beauty.... throughout.
It's been fascinating learning about.... that time period, over the years.
I'm still...'learning'.... 
: )
Hope you have a Great Sunday.....
and...
Seek out the Beauty.... within it....
Love to ya...
Barb C.




No comments: