Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Southern Iowa... Run.

Bailed in The Ford.... this morn.... to go see my Pal, Charlie.....
He had an Old Farmhouse Cupboard... for me...
{Straight....Off...The...Farm....}
a Beautiful Pier Mirror.... an Unusual Chicken Feeder.... some Vintage Christmas....
and....
an Old Bird's Nest....
{Charlie... always saves me... vacant... Nests... <3 }
He lives about 90 miles South ... It was 72 degrees there, yesterday....
Today... with the Wind... it was about... 0.
I'm not kidding...
I thought we were going to Freeze to Death... before we got everything loaded.
oh my....
But... before I went to Charlie's....
I stopped in Mt. Pleasant... at Iris Antique Mall.... <3 {found some darling smalls there... <3 }
then... I stopped at a New Shop... that has just opened this year...
'Old World Victorian Treasures'....
It was....Lovely.
The Owners... Brenda and Bryon...were so Great....
I bought... the Beautiful.... Victorian Piece, below.... from...them.
{and... the Tiniest...Dictionary... in it's own little Locket... as well. }
I came back to get the Victorian piece... as, I had to load at Charlies, first...
It was quite a 'journey'...home...
The Wind...was Howling.....
The Ford and I... were Bucking it...All The Way...
I kept it at 55.....
I didn't Dare... push it any harder.... with the Victorian Piece... on the Top...of The Heap!!!
It appears.... all is well.....
I looked the load over... when I got home, tho... it was Pitch Black... outside......
and...Frigid!
oh my...
What a Difference a Day...Makes!
We're gonna have a Load....
for Junk Jubilee....
oh....
my.
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
{I have to tell ya.... if you aren't shopping 'Shops'....you are missing out.... on a lot. 
Yes... I go to Auctions.....
but...
You can stand at an auction.... all day.... and not get bought.... what you went there for.
At a Shop.... {or...going to several... in a day... } I Guarantee...you won't come home... empty handed... and... you meet...The Best...People.... : ) 
I can only pay so much... for a piece... whether it be at auction... or a shop. So... don't think...shop prices are higher than 'auction'.... {I have seen things at Auction.... bring Far More... than what they will...in a shop...}
Just... sayin'... : )
{the Victorian Piece.... and the Gnarly Cupboard... just sold. }
Simply....
Over....
The....
Top.
Inside this little monogrammed Locket... is a real... dictionary...
The glass... in the door... is a magnifying glass.
this is....
something else. <3

As I was leaving Charlie.... he grabbed a little Nest.... he'd been saving for me....
oh my....
I Truly...am...Blessed....
with such Wonderful Friends.... in my life. <3
Charlie had this..... I saw it last week, when I visited Charlie, on my way home...from Peg and Michael's.....
I Loved It....
but... the base... had to be trimmed.
I have Lost.... my Beautiful... 'Carpenter'....
so....
Charlie.... trimmed it...for me. : )

No comments: