Friday, April 11, 2014

uh oh.

Took John to his radiation....
this afternoon.....
they rescheduled... it for earlier..
today...
He....is so... tired.
Just think...
in the last 45 days...
he spent...
15...or so...vomiting... non stop...
dizzy....
and unable to walk....
then..
finds out... he has brain cancer...
then...
has major... brain surgery...
then...
finds out...
he also...has a large mass in his lung....
he... couldn't walk...
nor... hold anything... in his left hand....
for weeks....
as the swelling...in his brain affected them....
oh my....
A Whole... Bunch...
to deal with....
for a Man... who never took anything stronger than an aspirin... his entire life...
had been to the Dr. maybe... 10 times... in his life...
never has had a broken bone... or a stitch....
This... Journey... has... been... 
well...
'A Journey'...
for the old... boy. : )
Today... he was to meet... with the oncologist....
He...had met her, in the hospital...
I...had not.
After his radiation... I wheeled him...up to the Office... for the oncologist... appointment...
so... they could decide, which way to go.....
We...waited.... and waited.... and waited.
John.... isn't much for waiting.... when he feels good....
he was so... tired.... he sat next to the window... leaning his head...forward on it...
An office, person, came up to us... said she had noticed we had been there... for a long time... and took John's name...
then....
about 10 minutes later... a nurse came out... {just as I was getting John...some water....} He said, to me.... and her... he would sure like cold...bottled water.... like they have in the radiology.... 
That little girl.... spun around... and said... "I...thought you wanted to be seen...???
 I'll get you water... when I can"....
uh oh...
: )
I said...
{as I was pushing him...along behind her... in the wheelchair...}
"uh oh.... : )
Be Careful.... here.... : ) : ) : ) "
Another Nurse... stepped in.... was so kind... grabbed John a bottled water......
{John...later told me... he had heard me...say that....
 I think... the Kind... Nurse, had as well.... the other.... must...have ignored it... 
uh oh. }
Then...
we get to the exam room.....
Now... I'll admit... John... is cranky...
He's... Exhausted...
He said to the little nurse....
after she took his blood pressure....
{which... was very.... low.... }
"If it's going to be...another hour.... you may come back... to an empty room...."
As she closed the door....
tho... John didn't hear it....
she said...
"Good"...
Uh....Oh....
: )
I didn't tell John... what I had heard.....
 I just...sat... and watched him.....
processing...
{uh...oh. }
{I...had already... been a Million...Miles.....
before Noon....with....Everything....
uh...oh..... }
He was...So tired.....
So....Weak.....
we waited... about 10 minutes....more...
He said...quietly... under his breath....
 "get me...out of here"...
I said...
" o.k.
If you want to go... let's go..."
He thought, I was being sarcastic....
{I usually...make him sit through... everything.... and talk him off the cliff.... 
I've had to sit...for years... at Dr.'s offices.. with Mom and Dad...
yeah... I know the drill... }
: )
I said... "Nope....: ) I'm serious.... let's get outta here... : )
 this is just an exam... you... are Beat... Let's Go! "
"but....: ) give me...just a moment.... at the desk... : ) "
uh oh.
uh...oh.
Love to ya....
and...yes....
May The Lord... Help... 
those...
who stand between.... 
us....
Peace... and...Hope....
uh oh.
{I was a Waitress.... for many years.... 
I wouldn't have treated... Any... of my Customers.... the way...she treated John... 
and some of them... were Tuff... 'Bar Rush'... Folk....
{oh...my.... }
I...Never... would have dreamed...of it... ever....ever....ever.
None...not..one...of them... had been through... a moment... of what this Man... has endured......
these last many... Difficult... Weeks.
Shame... On...Her....}
oh...
yeah...
it got ugly....
the hatter... came out... in full force.
uh oh.
{Peg came rolling Through... this Morn... She and Michael... are doing GREAT!!! 
She said.... to BE SURE 
and Thank... All of the Angels... for their
 Continued Prayers....
: ) : ) : )
It...was Like A Miracle... when she was seen.....at Mayo....
Her Lungs... in a Day... were Clear... 
all of the Dr.'s were...Floored!!!! 
Her Scans... are ALL GREAT!!! No cancer...ANYWHERE!!!!
She said.... To Be SURE...
and Send a HUGE 'Thank You'...
and 'LOVE You All'.... 
for 'Keeping' Them...
I... Thank You... Too...
God Bless... All of The Angels!!! }
{I shared the above...'Journey'  with Peg...this afternoon....
I...know... had she been there.... she would have known... with the last...
'uh oh'... to Run.....
She said...
oh... dear....
If...she would have been there....
either She... would have Been Rippin' and Snortin'....
or...
Running....
and telling the little nurse....
as she Blew Past her....
she had better...
too. }
uh oh.
oh...my.
{had a hard time... deciding... if 'Run, Woman...Run'...by Tammy...or... 'Fist City'... by Loretta... was the perfect fit... for this afternoon....
Hmmmm....
The Words... 'Trash'...'Pity'...'Garbage Can'... and 'Layin' off of My Man'....seemed.... Perfect....
so... it was 'Loretta'... all the way. : ) : ) : )
Not to mention... the title....}
{there... was more.... throughout this... 'Journey'.... I won't get into... }
oh my....
yes...
now you see....
why... I depend...so...
on the 'Perfect'... Wings....}
{and... I Knew... there was a resurrected.... Ford... Mustang... {Jethro}....
Our... 'Chariot'...
: )
waiting... to FLY... just outside the door...
: )
uh...huh....
: )
uh oh....
: ) }



No comments: