Saturday, August 24, 2013

Closin' Down the Bar {n}

Oh my...
Yesterday was Insane... to say the Very least...: )
{Thursday...I should have been placed...in a Padded Room!}
Seems...when my plans are disrupted...then...altered...as they were on Thursday...
it's like...
my Gears... start grinding.... and nothing runs...
smooth...
I was supposed to go visit...Charlie...Thursday...
then...had a guy...call... that was bringing a load....
{he said...he was coming...Friday...
he needed to sell...}
I knew...I couldn't buy all of it...
and told him so...
so...began making calls... to try and pre sell it for him...
cancelled my plans.......waited... for his arrival...
When he was over an hour late...
and wasn't returning my calls...
I was concerned...
Then... he called... said he'd be here...3 hours later...than he had promised...
 and he'd sold most of the load....
to someone else...
Dumped it... for cheap...he said...knowing I couldn't buy it all...
: )
said he had a few things left...I might...want...
then wanted numbers...of my friends... so he could try and flip...the rest...to them...
: )
oh dear...
Now...the Taurus Woman...that I am...
began...to boil...
knowing... I was going to have to make calls... to folks... I had set up... for him...
letting them know... what he had... coming... was...gone...
{I wasn't profiting on anything... just helping a friend...and...I've done this... maybe...too many times...this...would be my last...... }
and...hoping to buy a few things...as well...
: )
I was proud...of myself...
gathered myself up...
relatively...quickly...
{I began to lose it...for a split second...then...took a
 Deeeeeep...
Breath...}
I told him...to keep on a goin'....
: )
Bless his heart...: )
said...
I Love Him...
and have a safe...journey...
: )
oh my...
He didn't understand... and...probably... never will....
and that's... o.k.
{It was...The Angels...once again... Smacking me...in the Head...with a 2x4....
Sometimes... I think...
Why do I do this...
try and help...folks...
when... they don't care...at all...
Makes me want to quit...helping....anyone...
but... I know... I don't have it in my heart..not too...
guess...I'd better start wearing a helmet...}
So...
I bailed in the Ford... yesterday... and felt like...the Time Continuance...
was completely Off Kilter!
A nice lady popped in... bought some things...{I knew she was coming...on Friday...Wednesday...but my schedule was such a Mess... I'd forgotten.. and...almost missed her!}
Then...I was going to stop at The Bank... get a little cash....
Blew that off...
Had No Cash... and only 2 checks!
Garage Sales are going on...around Charlie's...
I needed Cash!
Dang...
The first Sale... I stopped at... after Bonnie's...{en route to Charlie's had some things...I liked...
along with a Pile...of Fresh Picked... Tomatoes!
{Holy Snikes}
 I had...one check......left... I needed.... for Charlie...
{I had already written one...to Bonnie...}
said...I could get cash...from an ATM... and pay the Garage Sale...Lady...on my way home...tho...it might be late...
She was fine...with that...
I asked her to figure me up...
It came to close to 20.00...
{I thought I had about 8.00}
I said...I'd dig in my purse... maybe... I could get close...
oh my...
I dug... 20.75 in change... out of my purse....
: )
{that left me... with almost a Dollar...to Spare!}
Then...I popped into...the store....about 15 miles....South...
 bought Charlie...and myself... Supper!
We visited until... Late!
I didn't bother...with Garage Sales...
I needed my...'Charlie'...Fix!
It was Great...
I Love...Charlie...
he has a way...of synchronizing... my mind...
: )
Easy Goin'... and... no B.S.
Pure...and Simple...
a Straight Shooter...
Refreshing...
He reminds me...of the days...working with Dad...
His friends...were all Scrappers...
Junk Men...
Hard Workers... that seem... to see things...
 clearly....
I found some fun things...at Charlie's Barn...
always do...
{He's located 18 miles south of Mt.Pleasant on 218
on the East side of the Road...
his Sale runs through Labor Day...}
He and his friend, Don...
were sitting under an Old Shade Tree...when I pulled in...
{Lord...it was Hot....I have no air...in The Ford...it was...
Toasty!}
Don...Farms... just down the road...from Charlie....
Charlie...walked towards the Barn... and came back...
with a HUGE Bouquet... of Red Winged Blackbird....Nests...
that Don....had saved...for me... while cutting Hay....
oh my...Lord...
I nearly Cried...
: )
What an...Amazing...Gift....
Beautiful...
What...Kind....Souls...
Those... were my Precious GIFTS...for the Day...
: )
I invited Don...to join us...for Supper...but he had to go...
so...Charlie and I... sat by The Barn...
nicely shaded by it's Shadow...
Eating Chicken and Fixin's...
Popped the Top...on a Couple of Cold Ones...
{it was...sooo Hot...out...whew....}
and...
Visited...
: )
{That...is what I call...
being ...
'Syncranized'...
: ) }
Folks kept stopping by....
all...Friends... of Charlie's...
it was a Lovely...Evening...: )
I gathered... a Sweet Load...
of Gnarliness...
and headed home...
It was... pushing Midnight...
before I got settled in...
a Long...day...
but...
I Love...Closin' Down the Bar {n}
{some folks...have a lot of Fun...Closing the Bar...down...
Me... I prefer... my Bar {n}'s... to have a dirt floor...
and Loads...of Gnarliness... for the Decor...
they are Much...More...Fun!
Yes... That's...My...Kinda....Party!!!!}
Hope you...had a Great Day...
Crawled in bed... Dirty... and Tired...
{or... 'Tarred'...as they say...
South...of 80...: ) }
Love to ya...
Barb C.
 
 
 
Harpo...and Bonnie!
What Dolls!
Harpo...and Bonnie Travel all over... in his...Limo...
they were even at Gold Rush!
Bonnie was soooo impressed by the Kind...Folks...there... they gave her rides...around...on their Golf Carts!
Bonnie...is in her 80's... {I don't...believe it!}
They have a Darling Sale...in Crawfordsville, Iowa... on 218.....
It's on the West...side... of Town...
There is another... on the East....
Be Sure...and Visit them...Both!
Very...Very...Nice...Folks!
Go See 'em!
Great People...: ) }
They weren't all set up yet...
Lots More...Coming!
I'll try and get back...next week...
 
 


Lunch...
: )
I bought... at least 10 pounds of JUST PICKED TOMATOES!!!
at the Garage Sale...
ate... a pound...
for Lunch...
wowza...
Heaven...
: )
 


The Cast Iron...
Shorthorn Bull...
was at Charlie's...
Old...Old...Old...
Wonderful...
I didn't get the Ford...unloaded...today...
I'll be posting many images... of Treasures... that will be at The Mad Tea Party...
and...Fall Harvest Sale....
Oh Boy!!!

No comments: