Monday, October 14, 2024

Fall Harvest Sale... '24. History.

Fall Harvest Sale...
'24.

History.

Thanks So Much... to Everyone Who Attended, 
and...
Thanks...
to
 Those Who Brought Things!!
<3



Picked away... inside The Rabbit Hole, when I could, throughout 
The Sale.
: )



Started writing this post... a couple of days ago.
{Love... the Vintage Wallpaper Rolls, I found... while diggin'. : ) }


So Much... Early 'Paper'. : )
The above... is a 1913 Cedar Rapids, Iowa... panoramic advertising piece.
Very... Cool.
: )



Sweet... little Fall Friend, paid us a Visit.
<3


Moved the little Corner Cupboard in... yesterday.
Justin 'J' helped.
; )
Didn't take long to Fill It... at The Rabbit Hole.
: )


Was going to write... so much more, about the Painting...
above.


and...
the 'Gnarly'...
1912
Crazy Quilt, I admired... again, yesterday....
as I was packing it away.


the 
'Fabrics'...
under the 1912 Quilt, are so Much Earlier.
: )



<3

Received a call from Renate, {Bud's Beautiful... Soul Mate}
 as I was packing up.... things, yesterday afternoon.
<3
She asked me if I could be with her... when ServPro.... meets with her at the 'Fire'... house, on Thursday.
<3
Another...
Final...
'Walk Through'.
: (

Of Course.
<3 <3 <3 
but...
that, kinda took the wind from my sails.

my
 Heart...
Is Absolutely Broken, for Renate.
but...
She's Stronger Than She may Know.
oh my.
: )
She's Gonna Make It!
<3
: )
Bud... will Always be Close...
to
Renate.
Always.
<3
 'death'...
 doesn't stand a Chance...
 keeping those two, apart.
<3 <3

I'd planned on putting most everything away, yesterday...

That...
didn't happen, after Renate's call.
<3

Last night, did so Much... reflecting.
Was thinking about The Western Movies, Dad... would take me to, after he... and Mom, divorced, in the late 1960's.

Dad... was homeless, when he left Mom.
He slept in his Truck.
 He'd rent a room at The Magnus Hotel, or... The Taft Hotel, in Cedar Rapids... for us... to share,
 on the weekends.
<3
{have a Beautiful Doll... that one of the Ladies, who was a Desk Clerk, at The Magnus... 
made for me...
back then.
Priceless.}
<3
 
One... of the movies, Dad took me to, was 
'Once Upon a Time in The West'.

Some... might say, these days... maybe... those old Spaghetti Western's 
Dad... and I enjoyed, together...
maybe...
weren't
 'Disney'.
: )

but...
looking back,
 They...
 'Educated'
 me...
for my
 'life',
 ahead.
; )
<3

Was planning to finish picking up... and, 
putting things... away, from The Fall Harvest Sale, this morning...
 when...
my phone rang.
 was soaking in a MUCH Needed Bath, when the android...
 Lit Up...
with,
 a
 Dear....
Dear...
Forever...
and...
Ever...
Ever,
Long Time
'Friend'
Son's 
contact image, 
calling.

oh my.
: (

This Day...
Is
Over.

Grateful... to have spent several hours with My Dear Friend's... Son, today.
<3 <3 <3 
Have a Funeral... to prepare for, it seems.
: (

So Grateful...
for The Amazing Memories, and Stories.
; )
The 'Junkers', and 'Scrappers'... 
; )
What a Beautiful 'Ride'.
'Their Way'.
<3 <3 <3 

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.






No comments: