Friday, January 5, 2018

Back...to The Future!


Oh Dear!
Had to post a picture, of one of the things, Liz...got me, for Christmas. : )
<3
When I opened up the gift...and pulled out this Mug, I Burst Out...Laughing!
: )
It's The 80's!!!
: )
Liz, had no idea. : ) She knew, I'd like it...because it has a Pig, on it. : ) 
<3
I flipped it over....
and it's dated from 1983. : ) <3 
I, was...20, that year.
: ) : ) : ) 
I, Sooooo Remember...This Style!
: )
The Geese, with Bows.
: )
That, Cornflower...Blue. : )
Oh...My.!
Great...Memories!
This Mug...is my New Favorite! <3 : ) 



Then, today... I was looking for a shoe, in the closet.
I Swear...
Wherever...the lost Socks, are...
so...are, the Lost Shoes!!!
Dang!
I could find, 'One'...of several pair.
The Mates, are Gone!
I, thought...possibly...the shoe, had fallen behind an old Trunk...that's in our closet.
I haven't dug...back there...for Years!
I, about...fell on my fanny, when I saw, on top...of the Old Trunk...
was a Pile...of Pictures.
One, was...a framed poster, I thought...was Long...Gone.
I bought it, when I first moved out...on my own, when I was 15.
I saved my money, to buy it, and...then...buy a frame, it would fit in. 
When I saw it, at the store, back...in the Day, I fell...in Love...with it.
: )
The Unicorn, reminded me....of my Beloved Horse, White Cloud.
<3
She was an Albino Mare. 
Quarter Horse, and Arabian.
<3 
Dad bought her, for me...when I was 9, for 100.00. <3 
Oh, my...Lord, We Flew...together.
She and I, Sailed...over Many Fences. : ) <3
She could Run...like The Wind.
We were never beat...in a race. : )
She, was an Amazing...Horse. 
<3 <3 <3 
We traveled a Million Miles, together.
<3
She was struck by lightning, killed, when I was 15. 
I was working, nights...taking care of an Elderly Woman, in her home, who couldn't be left alone, at night.
I stayed with her, over night. : )
{She, was soooo Sweet. : ) She'd stay up...at night, and go through her dresser drawers, and sort everything...over...and over. <3 
Very, Nice...Lady....but, She liked to wander...at night. 
 Not Good, so...I'd sleep by the door, so she couldn't leave. : ) } 
One morning, in June... to my surprise...there was a 'knock' at her door.
It was my Dad. : )
He was holding a little Berry Pail...filled with Gooseberries.
: )
He'd asked me, weeks before...if...I'd make him a Pie, if he'd pick the Berries. 
There were Wild Gooseberries, where Dad was living, and had the Horses.
I, Gladly...agreed. : )
{Dad said...his Favorite Pie, was 'Gooseberry'. : ) }
I looked at the Berries... : ) 
then...
looked at his face.
He had Tears... Streaming...down his face.
He, just...stood...there, in the door.
then... he told me...
White Cloud... was dead. 
: ( : ( : ( 
He said... the lightning...was so bad, that night...he could sit, and read the paper, without a light on, in the house.
He said...
He saw a Bolt, of Lightning come down...
 It was Bright Orange, then...it turned Pure White, after if hit the ground.
He said... he knew, something...was horribly wrong, and...he was afraid, to walk outside...when the Sun, came up. Afraid...of what he would...find. : (....
That was the Bolt...that killed her.
I, felt so sorry...for Dad.
: ( 
I, was...heartbroken.
but...
seeing Dad, so 'Broken', too...was a memory...I'll never forget.
That Day...was one of the worst...days, of my life.
Seeing, that old...poster, today....brought back, so many...memories.
Good ones...and, not...so good. 
'Life'.
'Journey'.
: )
Love, to ya...
Barb C.

{I had to smile...a little, today, when I saw that old Poster... because....I STILL...Love It <3 
Love... Everything, about it.
I'd buy it...Again! : ) 
<3
The Moss...in the Trees. <3
The sandy, way back...in the Woods, 'Trail'... 
like, So Many.... White Cloud, and...I traveled. <3 
The snake, yeah... there were a few, around. : )
We never worried about any of 'em. : )
Step over 'em...and keep on a goin'. 
<3
and...
Yes, I made my First...Gooseberry Pie, for Dad...that day. 
Millie, the Lady...I was watching over, helped me. <3 
Then, I went to see White Cloud.
I worked...for hours, beside her...digging.
I, couldn't dig...the hole....big enough. : ( : ( : ( 
I, had to call the rendering...truck.
: ( : ( : (
I stayed with her, until...they had her loaded.
: ( : ( : ( 
Yes...
That... was One... of the worst days...of my life.  }



White Cloud
<3 <3 <3 

No comments: