Friday, May 6, 2016

Fifty Three

Fifty Three.
my...oh my, how time...flies.
I spent this day, taking care... of my Polly, and helping an old Friend.
Liz and Miss. Scarlett, met me for lunch. : )
We ordered my Mom's Favorite... meal.
Hot Roast Beef Sandwich, with Mashed Potatoes and Lots of Gravy!!!
: ) 
Polly, has been struggling, but... still... wags her tail, and keeps a watchful eye...over me.
: )
{we watch over... each other. : ) }
I hadn't made any plans for my Birthday. I usually go to What Cheer, for the Flea Market....
when it falls on my Birthday... but, this year... it really didn't interest me.
When my old Friend, Jerry... called, yesterday... asking for a hand, today....
I thought, that would be a better plan.
He's 81, and his 'Beloved'... is battling cancer.
It was Good to see him...again.
He's such a Kind...Soul. : ) 
We tried to recall how many years, it's been.
We thought... at least...6.
oh my. 
'Time'... flies.
Jerry and me... go way back. : )
He used to be a 'Ring Man'... for one of my Favorite Auctioneers. : )
I drove the Gypsy Ford...today. : )
I...Love...that old Ford Truck.
She 'Bellers' out of her Stacks...... and Stomps. : )
{it never fails... every time, I take her...anywhere... someone...asks me...
"How do you get in that Truck???"
I was asked... three times, three times...this afternoon. : ) }
Thanks, to Son, Justin... The Old Gypsy... has a Wonderful...
'Sound System'... that plays... my Most Favorite Tunes.
LOUD. 
: ) 
Drowns out...Every Single Thought...in my head.
{therapy}
Liz... gave me a cd. a Cupcake... and a Bottle of Champagne.
: )
{I'll enjoy the Champagne.... when Miss. Scarlett goes home. : ) }
Birthdays...don't mean much to me. 
never have. 
They're just a reminder...of another year, gone by. 
The Losses.... the realization... of everything, I didn't get done, and should have.
I think about my Dad. 
When he was 53.... he was toting around a three year old, little girl...wherever he went. : )
oh dear.
{makes me feel good, 53....doesn't seem so old...when I think about him,
 and all he did....up into his 70's. <3
He could swing up and over a 4 board fence, one handed... 
when he was 60. {I can't do that...Now. : )
 Gives me somethin' to 'shoot for'. : )  }
I laid in bed, last night... thinking about my prior 'Birthdays'.
One year... I got a Beautiful Saddle, {I was 12 }
{I knew my Folks... spent every penny, they had.... to buy me that Saddle. I still have it. }
One year... John, painted my old GMC Truck... Blue. : ) I was 22.
<3
One year... Mom... bought me a Birthday Cake, with a Truck on it... that had Stalk Racks... and a Horse, in the back.
I was 16. : )
One year... my Brother, Larry... took me out to Supper... 'Wherever'...I chose to go.
I was 15. : ) 
{we ate Chinese...at a little place, on First Ave. in Cedar Rapids }
<3
I, usually... take off, on my Birthday. 
Hit the road... by myself.
: )
{The Highway... is Such a Gift. : ) }
I have been so Blessed, throughout my life. I...'want'... for nothing.
{I have... 'little'... to some, {maybe...'most' }
 but... I've always felt... so 'Rich' and 'Blessed'. : ) }
These days, what I 'want'... I can't have... no matter...how Much... I 'wish'.
I've never been one, to 'envy'...anyone.
I'm always happy, for Folks... when they do well.
: )
Growing up...and, over the years... I suppose,
looking back...
 to most... we were 'poor'.
but...
I never saw, or felt that.
I...always... felt, we were 'rich'. : )
after losing....so much... these last couple of years...
I see, how Incredibly Rich... we were. 
That... kind of 'Wealth'... can't be bought.
It's 'Priceless'. 
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
{No... I've never wanted, anything...anyone else...had.
I was always content, with... what... we had.
: )
I'd Give... Anything... to be as 'poor'... as everyone...always thought we were.
For the 'First' Time... in my life, I 'want'...
more...
than what I have.  }

Old...Mustangs...
and 'Back Roads'....

Peg.... <3

Polly...<3


Admiral... <3
Mom...and Dolsey. <3

My...Sister, Chery. <3


Dad.. and Justin <3

One, of Many... 'Valentines'... from John. <3

John... Runnin' the Table. <3
My Brother, Larry. He's the one... sitting at the table, behind... with Brother in Law... Jim, holding the red cup... next to him. <3 
John... like always... 'Rescuing'... what someone... 'Threw Away'...
'Jethro'. <3

John.... and Jethro.
<3


The...Old...'Gypsy'.
<3
'Lifesaver'


1 comment: